IGNORED

Lee Miller

Dave L

Excellent performance from Miller today, and the first game where he's been switched on and involved for the full 90 minutes. He won most things in the air, and showed some superb close control on occasions. His second goal was a peach.

I think he will go on to be a big big player for this club as he adjust to the physical demands of this level of football.

What a shame some people were writing him off just a few games ago, suggesting he was a waste of money, nothing better than what we already had etc.

Talking of which, I thought Luke Wilkshire was excellent today as well.

I felt both Miller and Wilkshire played well today.

I agree with Dave L's Miller comments.

Today i thought Wilkshire looked a stronger player today, getting pushed off the ball less and less. I think this was down to him having a bit more confidence after scoring in the last 2 games. Hopefully he can build on this and become that attacking box to box player that we need.

They are both young and still improving.  The best thing, as with Brighton was only one player was over 26, and that must be great news for the future. 

I think Wilkshire could be able to fit into Tinmans boots in a few years time when he retires.  The only difference is Luke can only use his right foot.

Agreed , the future is looking bright. Wilkshire played well and miller linked the play up excellently and took his goals very well. I think you will find wilkshire can use his left foot as well and is not as one footed as tinman. :clap::)

Guest Eddie Hitler

Hmmm... let's not go overboard here. Although it is very pleasing.

It does look look like Danny not bringing in Robins was both a correct and brave decision as it would have just pushed Miller down teh pecking order.

Engerlund - World Cup Winners :)

Agreed , the future is looking bright. Wilkshire played well and miller linked the play up excellently and took his goals very well. I think you will find wilkshire can use his left foot as well and is not as one footed as tinman. :clap::)

Agree in total, but would just like to see Citys build up play a little faster.We would then be real promotion contenders,or am i expecting to much.

Guest Ciderhead Reynolds

Miller i agree was excellent some of his touches were quality and some good clinical finishing !

Wilkshire still a bit iffy but hes definitley geting better

To be honest, if he hadn't scored his 2 goals today, I don't think we'd be praising him so much, reminded me of Tony Thorpe today, nothing much all game (apart form a few good turns), but ends up with 2 goals. But hey I'm not complaining! Well done lad! :)

Guest markiedangerous

england(not) you numpty. been there since the 70's 2. wake up mate, glad your not invovled in our youth team set up with your foresight. Miller and Wilkshire will be.... :Costumed34:

well i actually thought wilkshire, as well as miller. was superb today- i think now he has a bit more confidence (an playing in the middle) he is showing his true potential.

i thought tinnion was a bit off-form today but virtually every attack we had started through wilkshire, and he certainly CAN pass.. he is even getting stuck in now...!

like ive said for the whole time- if we get balls in the box miller will put them away. I'm glad its finally happening..!

Guest Harry May

I do n't know it anyone can remember a post I put on here back in the summer.

Whilst on holiday in Italy this year , I had a few beers with a Falkirk ST holder.

He reckoned Miller was the best prospect he had seen in a lifetime of supporting his team. He went onto say that he was very good in the air and that he scored quite a few goals from headers.

However , he also added that by no means was Lee the finished article and that he was a "rough diamond ", who would have to work hard to achieve his true potential in the game.

Well, I reckon yesterday we witnessed a glimpse of that potential.

A good game from Miller.

Archived