IGNORED

Special Message From Ivan Testemintanu To Otib

Marina's Rolls Royce

Ivan is one of the most cultured midfielders to ever have played for Bristol City. A Moldovan International who has played at Wembley against the likes of Beckham:  an award winning film was made about his life and that of the Moldovan national team after they won independence from the USSR. When he first arrived at BS3- the players nicked his clothes from his locker as they said he looked like a merchant sailor! He had never been to the West before. He only ever played for us in England so has very fond memories and avidly follows  our results.

He is now Director of football in Moldova and remains close friends with Pulis ( we have to forgive him that!). My partner who is Ukranian ( some of you met at the David Lloyd meeting) and close friends with Ivan and his wife asked him if he would send a message to us,  for Wembley. Here it is- his English is not the best! Any nice comments will be sent on to him. Thanks to Ivan.

Dear players and  fans of Bristol City Football Club.I am a former player of BCFC Ivan Testemitanu.My dream did not come true, to play in the final at Wembley in 2000 against Hull City. But i hope that all of you together will be able to realize my dream.I know that for you all tomorrow this is a historic day of you life.I wish tomorrow you all think the same way,feel the same way,love the same way,and then i am sure that we will win the final. I believe in you guys.Come on you reds!!!

Always yours,Ivan the Terrible.

What a top man. And he was far from terrible. He was bloody good!

Agreed, remember when he picked up his bad injury at West Brom.

Wife was bought a piano by the club when he signed, if I remember right.

Ivan is one of the most cultured midfielders to ever have played for Bristol City. A Moldovan International who has played at Wembley against the likes of Beckham:  an award winning film was made about his life and that of the Moldovan national team after they won independence from the USSR. When he first arrived at BS3- the players nicked his clothes from his locker as they said he looked like a merchant sailor! He had never been to the West before. He only ever played for us in England so has very fond memories and avidly follows  our results.

He is now Director of football in Moldova and remains close friends with Pulis ( we have to forgive him that!). My partner who is Ukranian ( some of you met at the David Lloyd meeting) and close friends with Ivan and his wife asked him if he would send a message to us,  for Wembley. Here it is- his English is not the best! Any nice comments will be sent on to him. Thanks to Ivan.

Dear players and  fans of Bristol City Football Club.I am a former player of BCFC Ivan Testemitanu.My dream did not come true, to play in the final at Wembley in 2000 against Hull City. But i hope that all of you together will be able to realize my dream.I know that for you all tomorrow this is a historic day of you life.I wish tomorrow you all think the same way,feel the same way,love the same way,and then i am sure that we will win the final. I believe in you guys.Come on you reds!!!

Always yours,Ivan the Terrible.

nice bloke and how nice to take time out to send a message a big thank you to ivan

'Historic day' might be pushing it a bit

Fair point but the club I've supported all my life has only ever got to Wembley 5 times in 120 yrs-  and if we win will have won this Trophy more times than anyone else and it could be part of a League and Cup double.  Our first ever.

Call me old fashioned but , yes, I think this is an historic day for BCFC and the fans!

• Admin

Fair point but the club I've supported all my life has only ever got to Wembley 5 times in 120 yrs-  and if we win will have won this Trophy more times than anyone else and it could be part of a League and Cup double.  Our first ever.

Call me old fashioned but , yes, I think this is an historic day for BCFC and the fans!

No, no, no, no, no - I cannot agree with you there.

The h in historic is supposed to be pronounced so it is a historic day for BCFC and the fans.

Archived