IGNORED

A Game Played The Right Way By Both Teams

What made the game even more enjoyable was the spirit in which it was played, not a bad tackle, no cheating, even though there were some meaty challenges there were no theatrics and no surrounding of referee's.

and now for tonight's el classico cheat, dive, injury feigning, referee intimidating 'fest'.

The FA should hold this up as the spirit of the way the game is supposed to be played.

Well done both managers and teams for teaching your players professional pride and self respect.

What made the game even more enjoyable was the spirit in which it was played, not a bad tackle, no cheating, even though there were some meaty challenges there were no theatrics and no surrounding of referee's.

and now for the el classico cheat, dive, injury feigning, referee intimidating 'fest'.

The FA should hold this up as the spirit of the way the game is supposed to be played.

Well done both managers and teams for teaching your players professional pride and self respect.

Hear Hear!  I especially like the way Flint hugged, smiled and gave one of their players a pat on the back after he had fouled him.  Great spirit!

and now for tonight's el classico cheat, dive, injury feigning, referee intimidating 'fest'.

I was glad to hear much the same actually uttered during the game by the Sky commentator.

Good post EMB

The general lack of cheating and theatrics in L1 and below is like a breath of fresh air (or just how all football used to be ! )

Referee had a most enjoyable afternoon I would think , no diving , no dissent , no sly / nasty challenges , a few crunching 50/50s yet hardly a sign of either physio

Presuming we don't blow up (which with this set of lads ain't gonna happen) we will be witnessing a bit more of the 'modern game' next season.

Am I on my own in not being convinced I want to see City in the over hyped Premier League Circus.

Bang on EMB :thumbsup:

Good post EMB

The general lack of cheating and theatrics in L1 and below is like a breath of fresh air (or just how all football used to be ! )

Referee had a most enjoyable afternoon I would think , no diving , no dissent , no sly / nasty challenges , a few crunching 50/50s yet hardly a sign of either physio

Presuming we don't blow up (which with this set of lads ain't gonna happen) we will be witnessing a bit more of the 'modern game' next season.

Am I on my own in not being convinced I want to see City in the over hyped Premier League Circus.

There have been many threads on this subject, and you're far from alone.

EMB and BBSB. Fully agree with the points made. Reckon the ref must be recovering from shock after having an extremely easy ride.

I do despair over the cheating and style of play in the Premier League. Let me see - Gerrard lasted a total of 38 seconds before being sent off. What a plank!

EMB and BBSB. Fully agree with the points made. Reckon the ref must be recovering from shock after having an extremely easy ride.

I do despair over the cheating and style of play in the Premier League. Let me see - Gerrard lasted a total of 38 seconds before being sent off. What a plank!

Yep Balotelli walked a tightrope from the second he came on and I fully expect Skirtel to be in trouble as well.

I'd settle for the next few years, to become an established competitive Champ Club, with good foundations, playing good football and targeting some decent cup runs

I said this when GJ got us promoted and in some ways overachieving with the squad the following year raised expectations too quickly.

TBF as a younger fan my dreams had no limits but then there was no premiership, no theatrics and teams like us Notts County, and Carlisle could get into and compete in the First Division -

Good post EMB

Yes you're on your own.

Yes you're on your own.

Actually he's not, more than few have expressed the same view.

Me I want BCFC to play and compete at the highest level of course I do, it's football that I want to see change.

The premier league was summed up in one snapshot last week, Theo Walcott (20 odd games in 2 years) wants a pay rise, funny the timing so soon after the huge premier league revenue rise, it's pure unadulterated greed and that leads to all of the other excesses of the premier league.

I watch very little PL EMB - Champ and below for me and the odd splattering of Telford v Grimsby on BT does me just fine

I've learnt over the years I enjoy City far more when I like and respect our group of players , rather than the level we are at

The sight of Sir Glyn on TV on Friday and the memories of his like and those times was a great reminder of that and I maintain that we have a squad to be very proud of at the moment in their characters as much as their footballing ability

Right on queue, mascherano. And he's meant to be a Hardman!

It was one of those games today where I didn't even notice the referee, as you say a good honest game

9 yellows and still 25 minutes to go.

There are no hard men anymore, in fact there are very few 'men' these days a real man would have more pride and self respect than to act like far too many footballers do.

I watch very little PL EMB - Champ and below for me and the odd splattering of Telford v Grimsby on BT does me just fine

I've learnt over the years I enjoy City far more when I like and respect our group of players , rather than the level we are at

The sight of Sir Glyn on TV on Friday and the memories of his like and those times was a great reminder of that and I maintain that we have a squad to be very proud of at the moment in their characters as much as their footballing ability

Nor do I, the odd MOTD is enough for me.

Agree for the most part but the tackle by Soares on Little was pretty poor, I think he was so late he must have got on the wrong tube train....

Archived