IGNORED

Pathetic, Useless, Negative, The Managers Got To Go...

Big Red Rich

I do not understand what fans from the also rans of the West Midlands are actually expecting.

This is a classic example of the perils of a small minority re social media.

Walsall went up above us during the Danny Wilson era, they out-achieved us and fair play.

Walsall, as very much an also ran in the West Midlands , out-achieved the biggest and most under-achieving club in all of the Somerset/Gloucester/Wishere region.

Our attendances in LDV's and Play Offs of yesteryear and today, shows our potential.

With all due respect to Walsall, they came up against a class side who is beginning to match it's club's potential, just beginning.

Totally agree. would they have said the same of Southampton in 2010/11.  Southampton League One Highest home attendance 31,653 vs Walsall

(7 May 2011)

Could it be an omen for us, the sleeping giant is now awake  COYR :city: :city:

Totally agree. would they have said the same of Southampton in 2010/11.  Southampton League One Highest home attendance 31,653 vs Walsall(7 May 2011)

Could it be an omen for us, the sleeping giant is now awake  COYR :city: :city:

In all my life, the city of Bristol has never put us on the footballing map and in the top flight. I can argue why that has been the case but still find it a painful fact

Let's hope the much needed revolution is, at last, upon us.

Steve Cotterill the modern Bill Shankley?

I think we should nick one of their comments as OTIB's unofficial motto

City's results have gone bi-polar over the last year, that's for sure.

I'm hoping we develop hyper-mania without a cure, than experiance the major negative swing during the next twelve months.

Maybe, stability and balance may provide a degree of sanity? . . . .

Naah.. :D

In all my life, the city of Bristol has never put us on the footballing map and in the top flight. I can argue why that has been the case but still find it a painful fact

I believe NOW is our time, sooner or later we were going to get the right manager and the right mix of players.

We have had so many years of empty promises that we sometimes revert to negativity as our 'comfort blanket !'

I used Saints as an example because my brother is a ST holder at St Mary's and they suffered the same negativity as we did, they are now in contention for Champions League. He came with his wife yesterday (they are City as well) and was well impressed by the way we play.

The future's bright - The Future's gonna be good for us. :clapping:

I believe NOW is our time, sooner or later we were going to get the right manager and the right mix of players.

We have had so many years of empty promises that we sometimes revert to negativity as our 'comfort blanket !'

I used Saints as an example because my brother is a ST holder at St Mary's and they suffered the same negativity as we did, they are now in contention for Champions League. He came with his wife yesterday (they are City as well) and was well impressed by the way we play.

The future's bright - The Future's gonna be good for us. :clapping:

I think previously, SL has randomly rolled dice.

According to Keith Dawe, all of this is planned.

Makes me think there had been a serious 'light bulb' moment.

Having said that, Five Pillars etc was also previously in the mix.

Who knows?

To be fair, Churchill, the greatest ever Englishman was quoted as saying: "The secret of success is to go from one failure to the next with out any loss of enthusiasm". He popped up with it on Radio Bris just after the appointment of Steve Cotterill.

There hasn't been anyone to match what he achieved in terms of how he did, but I feel that if Cotterill were able to do the same, it would be better, in this era of big money spenders and arab oil money. But with our MASSIVE BUDGET anything can be done  :grr:

First half I thought they looked like scoring for a long period after we took the lead. Second half the early goal killed them off and it was more than comfortable in the end. They weren't that bad though, passed it well just lacked quality in front of goal. Was worried about Bradshaw but Flinty bossed him from the 1st minute. Sawyers looked dangerous though, was picking up pockets of space similarly to how Freeman does with us. But much like the rest of their side he went missing in the second half, thankfully

I am pleased we won, but it was just really a day out. I can't imagine getting my panties bunched if we had lost. What did they expect really? We're about a zillion points ahead of them in the league and they are not very good.

I did not realise there was such hostility to Dean Smith, considering that he is a local lad.

Skeletor is a local lad.  :P

Let's be honest, they were dire!  No ambition, no desire, even 2-0 down - at least have a go, you're at Wembley for goodness sake!  127 years and my god, another century before they grace the pitch with that rubbish.  Our 1986 team could've beaten them......

....I've got a sore throat from just laughing at them.

Once we're in the Championship next year, maybe league One and Two could play for the 'Bristol City Trophy'..?!

And how about the grown man from Walsall who couldn't beat a slightly chubby Brizzle girl at half time by kicking a ball at an inflatable paint pot?!  Jeez...

First half I thought they looked like scoring for a long period after we took the lead. Second half the early goal killed them off and it was more than comfortable in the end. They weren't that bad though, passed it well just lacked quality in front of goal. Was worried about Bradshaw but Flinty bossed him from the 1st minute. Sawyers looked dangerous though, was picking up pockets of space similarly to how Freeman does with us. But much like the rest of their side he went missing in the second half, thankfully

I never thought they looked like scoring to be honest, can't remember them having one effort inside the area. All of there efforts were from outside of the penalty area and we were comfortable with them shooting from long range.

Flint climbed on and fouled a Walsall player for the first goal and the second might have been handball. Lucky yet again.

Terrific banter. Must of been strange for you not seeing players dive, cheat and role around to gain an advantage? The game played the right way from both sides, something you'll never see at the County ground. 

Archived