IGNORED

Bristol Sport/bristol City City Fc

WTFiGO!?!

Got chatting to a chap today, as I tend to do. I said I was pleased Bristol Sport was not that visible, other than on some scarves, our shirts etc.

He explained, Bristol Sport is there to take care of the stadium, the commercial side etc in order for Bristol City Football Club (Steve Cotterill) to concentrate on the football and not worry too much about that other shit.

Bristol Sport is there to facilitate Steve Cotterill in giving us a side to be proud off (and therefore tapping into the huge population mass, that is this region).

Thought it an interesting view.

Got chatting to a chap today, as I tend to do. I said I was pleased Bristol Sport was not that visible, other than on some scarves, our shirts etc.

He explained, Bristol Sport is there to take care of the stadium, the commercial side etc in order for Bristol City Football Club (Steve Cotterill) to concentrate on the football and not worry too much about that other shit.

Bristol Sport is there to facilitate Steve Cotterill in giving us a side to be proud off (and therefore tapping into the huge population mass, that is this region).

I didn't think that needed explaining did it? (I don't mean that to sound mean).

How long do you think it has been since the team manager was responsible for the upkeep of the stadium and the commercial side?

Maybe in the days of the great Harry Thickett or even now at smaller clubs that play in quarters.

Not that long ago really, I remember the great Terry Cooper in an interview saying how his wife does the laundry for the club while he does some of the maintenance around Ashton Gate as well as some of the day to day running of the club, was a pretty good football manager too.

Not that long ago really, I remember the great Terry Cooper in an interview saying how his wife does the laundry for the club while he does some of the maintenance around Ashton Gate as well as some of the day to day running of the club, was a pretty good football manager too.

And hired a van , and drove to the North East himself to move Alan Walsh's furniture when he signed !!!!

How times have changed !!! :o

What he said is 100% accurate and he should have added that Bristol Sport encompasses all the sports that are under thier banner.

John Lansdown was speaking at an event I was at last week and said pretty much the same thing. Having Bristol Sport as your "patron" enables your sport/club to concentrate 100% on your players and performances without having the financial worries that plague so many sporting clubs.

What he said is 100% accurate and he should have added that Bristol Sport encompasses all the sports that are under thier banner.

John Lansdown was speaking at an event I was at last week and said pretty much the same thing. Having Bristol Sport as your "patron" enables your sport/club to concentrate 100% on your players and performances without having the financial worries that plague so many sporting clubs.

John Lansdown plays bowls??

How long do you think it has been since the team manager was responsible for the upkeep of the stadium and the commercial side?

Maybe in the days of the great Harry Thickett or even now at smaller clubs that play in quarters.

Think there was/is a merge between footballing and behind the scenes stuff in many clubs.

Looks to me as Steve Lansdown (being 'a suit' himself) has gone to the measure of hiring profession 'suits' to take care of the side SC isn't qualified too. And providing him with the best possible platform to achieve what he is qualified to do. He is part-fragmenting (if that's the word?).

Do still maintain that football is about identity and therefore Bristol City Football Club, not Bristol Sport. And still maintain any interference with supporters directed from Bristol Sport should go through rigorous checks before implementation. Makes you wonder, who's call it was to put the EE's in the Atyeo? And who's motives drew that.

As Bill Shankley said (sic) "A football club is a holy trinity between supporters, players and manager. The Chairman is there to write the cheques". That bloke founded a revolution and empire on the footballing front, the blokes above him had the vision to employ him. Possible similarities between SC and the major untapped potential of our fair city, in the current age?

I think we should applaud Bristol Sport for what they have brought to the table this year. Is it a coincidence that things are going better on and off the pitch now? Football, rugby, the new ground, are all positive signs that we were crying out for. Lets support any ideas that move things forward in the area. More is happening now Bristol Sport are here than was happening before.

Thats exactly how SL described it months ago and how most people understand it.

There are still a few who just won't accept it though.

Sure glad a few kicked up a fuss about the teething problems, though. And BS are still on probation re decisions of outraging stupidity. The future is not clear re supporters who don't want to sit in bland observation at AG and some refuse the proposals re the Atyeo.

Still think the 'Bristol Sport' logo should be as un-visual as is viably possible.

'Most people' incidentally, don't seem too deep thinking about that much, in my experiance. One of me bluds happily embraced the 'City Wave', without a personal view when questioned. He always was a conformist and likes being told what to do.

And hired a van , and drove to the North East himself to move Alan Walsh's furniture when he signed !!!!

How times have changed !!! :o

TC was a great bloke, and a pretty good manager. I think the new East End should be the Cooper End. Some real recognition for what he did is long overdue.

TC was a great bloke, and a pretty good manager. I think the new East End should be the Cooper End. Some real recognition for what he did is long overdue.

He was ousted when he took City to a plateu. That was wrong, imo, in hindsight. I was only six at the time.

His spirit should live on and his memory should be encoperated within the modern era and stadium.

The man was reduced to tears on taking us to the lower league trophy win, if my mind isn't playing tricks on me. It was too much for him.

He worked his bollocks off for us.

What was the explanation for ignoring the overwhelming majority on the consensus calling for a singing section in the South Stand?

Something about % rake ratio.

I shall now reserve the right to call bullshit.

Is this really the new ticketing system you stated we did need Mr Billingham?

Do the women turn you away? 

So just to be clear; you've opened the thread by confirming the fairly straightforward utilitarian/administrative function of Bristol Sport, in much the way most of us have always understood it.

Then, following a brief discussion - with yourself - it turns out you're still paranoid about Bristol Sport. Have I got that right?

So just to be clear; you've opened the thread by confirming the fairly straightforward utilitarian/administrative function of Bristol Sport, in much the way most of us have always understood it.

Then, following a brief discussion - with yourself - it turns out you're still paranoid about Bristol Sport. Have I got that right?

The straight forward benefit of having Bristol Sport splattered all over the place was understood to mean that there would be administrational functionality. The week that was, ladies and gentlemen, is what was meant by 'administrational functionality'.

Maybe this is all paranoia but what I saw were countless pissed off people.

Hope Doctor doesn't up my meds because of it.

The straight forward benefit of having Bristol Sport splattered all over the place was understood to mean that there would be administrational functionality. The week that was, ladies and gentlemen, is what was meant by 'administrational functionality'.

Maybe this is all paranoia but what I saw were countless pissed off people.

Hope Doctor doesn't up my meds because of it.

OK yep, that's clearer now thanks :dunno:

Archived