IGNORED

The Nice Mr Derry Sacked

From SSN.

BREAKING NEWS 

Notts County have sacked manager Shaun Derry.

Derry joined the club in November 2013 and guided the club to safety in Sky Bet League One during his first season at Meadow Lane but results have stuttered of late and County are only outside the relegation places on goal difference. 

Assistant Greg Abbott has also left the club.

Go and play bowls ginge FFS.

It was just a question EMB...........lighten up.

Managers regularly get sacked at all levels so Derry getting the big heave ho isn't exactly a big surprise. The fact that he was obnoxious so and so makes his failure just a little sweeter I guess.

Managers regularly get sacked at all levels so Derry getting the big heave ho isn't exactly a big surprise. The fact that he was obnoxious so and so makes his failure just a little sweeter I guess.

Never ceases to amaze me how people on here presume to 'know' someone....not singling you out RR but how do you know he is an 'obnoxious so and so'??

Others on here say how Sam Allardyce is a horrible human being and Neil Warnock is other things unpleasant but we only see these guys' public personas. We don't know what they are really like.

I often have to represent my company to the media and you have to sometimes be forceful, stand up for your organization and get across certain important messages.

Football managers have media and PR managers so often they are told what to say in press conferences etc. I do the same for spokespeople at my company.

After-match interviews are different, emotions are still running high and their frustrations can come through, but we still don't really know them or who they are.

As i've said before on here, I know Sam Allardyce's nephew and Big Sam is anything but a horrible bloke away from the high pressure arena in which he is employed.

So stating on a public forum that Shaun Derry is 'obnoxious' is very speculative and it's difficult to know what you base that on.

But if you know him personally and speak with high knowledge then I apologize.

Do we really care?

Derry was a very average player and now he's become another average dismissed manager.

Maybe it's a pattern.

Pattern? Nah, more likely coincidence. GJ was a shite conference player after all.

" who cares " has become your droning mantra to everything that you disagree with and is only of relevance to you and your seemingly sad life, it's a story about a manager in the division that we are currently in, a team that still have to play PNE at home.

Never ceases to amaze me how people on here presume to 'know' someone....not singling you out RR but how do you know he is an 'obnoxious so and so'??

So stating on a public forum that Shaun Derry is 'obnoxious' is very speculative and it's difficult to know what you base that on.

I think describing him as obnoxious results from his playing style, which you would be justified in describing as obnoxious.

Others on here say how Sam Allardyce is a horrible human being and Neil Warnock is other things unpleasant but we only see these guys' public personas. We don't know what they are really like.

I often have to represent my company to the media and you have to sometimes be forceful, stand up for your organization and get across certain important messages.

Football managers have media and PR managers so often they are told what to say in press conferences etc. I do the same for spokespeople at my company.

After-match interviews are different, emotions are still running high and their frustrations can come through, but we still don't really know them or who they are.

As i've said before on here, I know Sam Allardyce's nephew and Big Sam is anything but a horrible bloke away from the high pressure arena in which he is employed.

Come on, man!

Part and parcel of being high profile involves public scrutinity. That, I think, is a lot of what people in positions such as a Premier League manager or Shaun Derry are paid handsomely for.

I speak as a City fan in not having any sympathy for Shaun Derry. I will go further, in my role, and call him a****.

It has to be water off a duck's back.

Football is the biggest of soap operas.

Do draw the line at it getting personal, actual abuse and so forth. No punching horses.

" who cares " has become your droning mantra to everything that you disagree with and is only of relevance to you and your seemingly sad life, it's a story about a manager in the division that we are currently in

Just a small correction. I asked "do we care?" not "who cares?" not the same at all.

I'm sure that given City's current 10 point advantage at the top that not many City fans would be too bothered that Derry has been sacked. It means very little to City even though Notts County have yet to play Preston. I'm sure Steve Cotterill isn't too bothered either other than being a little disappointed that another manager has lost his job.

Maybe under new management the Notts County players will find some form and actually nick a point of Preston but even if they do it won't matter that much to City.

the very average player we could have done with the last couple of seasons we were in the championship

Can you imagine him and Johnson in the same dressing room?

Derry went from Palace to QPR with Colin and in the PL was exposed week after week.

we didn't have gj as manager for the last 3 or 4 seasons in that league

Unapologetic, matter of fact and the merest suggestion of being a bit 'lippy'. I like it.

Just a small correction. I asked "do we care?" not "who cares?" not the same at all.

I'm sure that given City's current 10 point advantage at the top that not many City fans would be too bothered that Derry has been sacked. It means very little to City even though Notts County have yet to play Preston. I'm sure Steve Cotterill isn't too bothered either other than being a little disappointed that another manager has lost his job.

Maybe under new management the Notts County players will find some form and actually nick a point of Preston but even if they do it won't matter that much to City.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz WHO CARES?.

On the Big Sam thing.....think I'm right in saying his wife has family around Bristol somewhere? My best mate bumped into him in his local in Sodbury a year or two ago, couldn't speak highly enough of him. Took the time to talk football with the locals and bought a round too, apparently. He doesn't portray that on TV, but why should he

But you miss so many fundamental points. What we all have in common is not only an interest in BCFC but an interest in football generally. This forum, rightly or wrongly - the debate has been done a number of times, is a football forum and not a BCFC forum alone. Therefore football stories are fiar game.

You may have no interest in what goes on wider in the league or wider in football but you are the one who is missing out (- who cares?). Often on threads such as these you find there is an exiled red who can offer some insight in to what is going on locally and what is the feeling. It is being informed, keeping a fleeting interest and where you can obtaining some insight that means when you meet 'the man on the clapham omnibus' you could find yourself having a decent conversation with him about his team and vice versa. When you follow more widely you understand a club's position, and indeed achievement, as against another.

Personally I like these threads because in the mass media any goings on below Championship level get relatively poor coverage. I haven't looked but I bet Derry's sacking, even when broke yesterday, was not very high up on the BBC page. I don't always have time to watch some Sky Sports News of an evening and I certainly ain't going to hear about Derry on the 10pm news. Often this forum is a way to stay on top of things on a day to day basis. In fact, a perfect example, but for this thread I would have had no idea Derry was sacked.

#Icare

Go and play bowls ginge FFS.

+ 1

" who cares " has become your droning mantra to everything that you disagree with and is only of relevance to you and your seemingly sad life, it's a story about a manager in the division that we are currently in, a team that still have to play PNE at home.

+1

Archived