IGNORED

Early Leavers Yesterday

fanjita

Does my head in, our football team has just won at Wembley and you would have thought that everyone in the red end would want too milk the situation and enjoy seeing "their" team lift the cup and showing it to the crowd, not a chance,people around me were making for the exits not long after the final whistle.

Why bother to go.

Does my head in, our football team has just won at Wembley and you would have thought that everyone in the red end would want too milk the situation and enjoy seeing "their" team lift the cup and showing it to the crowd, not a chance,people around me were making for the exits not long after the final whistle.

Why bother to go.

err...some people want to beat the rush?

Why bother to go.

Well everyone stayed were we were sat,even though it seemed to take an eternity for the team to climb the stairs to receive the trophy and come back down to the pitch.

People around my area were leaving with ten minutes to go. It was in an area with a large number of 'sponsors tickets' though so I guess they were neutrals that knew the result was decided and wanted to beat the rush.

Quite a few of them were in City garb though which was worrying. I was imagining them in my head saying "I didn't come all this way just to see them lift a poxy trophy"

Strangeness, all of it

You gotta 'blame the system' imo, that's the integrated transport system thats the envy of the World that we are so lucky to have in this Country...

Its a great system but not everyone believes or totally trusts it, hence some people still 'play it safe' in case of system failure...

This wonderful fully integrated system is designed in such a way that when Bristol City are playing anywhere in the Country, at anytime, and regardless of time added on by officials or extra time being played or indeed rarely when a lap of honour takes place or even a trophy presentation is underway.. Britain's transport authorities are immediately alerted... Trains, boats, coaches, buses and planes schedules are automatically amended and synchronized with BCFCTIME thus ensuring that each and every fan, no matter how much later than normal the referee brings the game to an end, regardless of stadium vacation efficiency etc... Despite any eventuality at a BCFCTIME synchronised game EVERY FAN WILL BE TRANSPORTED SAFELY AND EFFICIENTLY HOME FROM NANYWHERE IN THE COUNTRY regardless of published public transport timetabling (timetables are just approximate guidelines and are always subject to change according to BCFCTIME)

Seems this highly efficient system is not universally known about, or trusted by some of our fans and subsequently to 'be on the safe side' a number of our supporters continue to adhere to traditional transportation practices... They still leave early, despite absolutely no requirement to do so, they continue to miss sometimes vital moments at the end of games by choice.. They miss out big time due to irrational fears of being stranded in unfamiliar places sometimes several hours and hundreds of miles away from home.

Early leavers, tch, fools the lot of 'em!

Why bother to go.

that'd be the 30,000 walsall fans !!!!

These continual 'early leaver' threads do my head in...

My Daughter & I left slightly early... My choice... My reasons...

So what...

We had a great day... Great banter... Great result... Our team won...

But all your worried about is early leavers... Get real...

• Admin

Why cant fans just worry about themselves

If you want to leave early Leave

If you dont then stay

If you want to stand stand Sit Sit Sing Sing

Leave the other 40,000 city fans do what THEY want to do SIMPLE

Exactly this - sadly a sad obsession that seems to pop up more and more lately on here, why do people really care that much what someone else is doing?

that'd be the 30,000 walsall fans !!!!

I think I said on the match day thread, I thought that was really poor. OK so their team didn't really perform on the day, but they got them their first Wembley appearance after all. For them to come down the steps after receiving their losers medals to be greeted by a feeble round of applause from what looked like about 500 remaining Walsall fans must have been very demoralising. No wonder some of them turned to our supporters and returned our generous clapping.

Didn't particularly notice any early leavers, but as I said on another thread I couldn't believe how many people weren't back in their seats after half time. Even by the time the second goal went in a few minutes later there were still a lot missing. Anyone on here miss the second goal? I bet there's at least a couple on here!

Just can't understand the mentality of driving 2 hours to watch a football match, and then apparently being content to miss a bit of it.

Exactly this - sadly a sad obsession that seems to pop up more and more lately on here, why do people really care that much what someone else is doing?

you're not a true fan unless you stay to the 98th minute and end up having to walk home because you've missed your train or bus,

Shall we have a late arrival thread, or perhaps a thread about people having to get up 3 or 4 times during a half as they need a pie or a piss? They do my head in just as much.

I think I could develop this to include people who have hair styles I don't like; overdress on hot days; only wear T shirts on cold days; put the wrong sort of sauce on their burger; drink fizzy beer; look at their phones during the match; are a bit pongy; sing the wrong songs; don't sing at all; sing too much; disagree with every decision the referee makes; likes players I dislike; dislikes players I like; don't understand the laws of the game etc

On the other hand, I could just watch the match and accept that different people are different

These continual 'early leaver' threads do my head in...

My Daughter & I left slightly early... My choice... My reasons...

So what...

We had a great day... Great banter... Great result... Our team won...

But all your worried about is early leavers... Get real...

IMO you can do what you want. But don't expect other people to understand it.

My question is if the traffic is such a bother for people that the priority is to miss some of the event you have paid to see why bother coming at all? I guess what I'm trying to draw attention to is some people seem to prioritise the travel over the event.

IMO you can do what you want. But don't expect other people to understand it.

My question is if the traffic is such a bother for people that the priority is to miss some of the event you have paid to see why bother coming at all? I guess what I'm trying to draw attention to is some people seem to prioritise the travel over the event.

But arguement aside, and i get your point, who really cares?! Its a free world, a democratic country where if you arent banged up you can pretty much go where you like when you want.

The obsession of the Dolman, Wembley etc etc is just beyond pathetic!

Such a boring thread!!!!

Archived