IGNORED

Early Leavers Yesterday

fanjita

But arguement aside, and i get your point, who really cares?! Its a free world, a democratic country where if you arent banged up you can pretty much go where you like when you want.

The obsession of the Dolman, Wembley etc etc is just beyond pathetic!

Such a boring thread!!!!

Agreed - do what you want, but no one seems to logically be able to answer that question.

Didn't particularly notice any early leavers, but as I said on another thread I couldn't believe how many people weren't back in their seats after half time. Even by the time the second goal went in a few minutes later there were still a lot missing. Anyone on here miss the second goal? I bet there's at least a couple on here!

Just can't understand the mentality of driving 2 hours to watch a football match, and then apparently being content to miss a bit of it.

When I left - after the cup presentation OP - I walked past that divey bar opposite the coach park.

Some City fan with a potato-like head came lurching out unable even to stand upright. "Get 'im away, ees tryin' to start fights in thur," slurred one of his flushed face companions to the other.

These clowns had travelled the width of the country to miss the entire game getting hammered in some shithole!

( maybe this should be on the Idiots thread!)

Who gives a flying **** wether people left early late or with a bit of shite on? who gives a **** that many people fell asleep pissed or coked up and missed most of the first half?

Its their money, its their ****** life, get ****** over it....

superfans hey doncha love em :thumbsup:

I think we all agree that it's a free country and it's up to the individual what they do. I don't actually think anyone has suggested otherwise. But that doesn't mean that you can't question WHY people choose to leave early. To many of us it does seem strange to be willing to spend the time and money to attend an event, and then be willing to miss even a small fraction of the very thing you came to see. It's a fair question and it doesn't mean you're claiming to be a superfan if you ask it.

I think we all agree that it's a free country and it's up to the individual what they do. I don't actually think anyone has suggested otherwise. But that doesn't mean that you can't question WHY people choose to leave early. To many of us it does seem strange to be willing to spend the time and money to attend an event, and then be willing to miss even a small fraction of the very thing you came to see. It's a fair question and it doesn't mean you're claiming to be a superfan if you ask it.

Its the way its asked. I have never been to a sporting event of any kind or concert when some people dont leave early. I personally dont, unless were losing on a Tuesday night at Wycombe, in October 3-0, but many people always have and always will...hey thats life....anyone had asked me that night at Wycombe, he'd have been told the same. Some people did say real fans dont leave early.....most of us were though. Their comments didnt have the superfan tinge they might have now. Which is my point.

Agreed - do what you want, but no one seems to logically be able to answer that question.

The answer to the question is that some people are happy to sacrifice a few minutes of seeing the 'event' they've paid for in exchange for an easier journey home, which for some people attending AG may already be a journey of a couple of hours depending where they live. I'm not sure why people make such a big deal out of this tbh?

Free country.

Archived