IGNORED

Problem With The Gaffer

The dastardly red

After a very long day out at Wembley and one or two ciders on Sunday I really couldn't be arsed to wash the car Monday afternoon, meanwhile the manager had the day off! Instead of coming around mine, cleaning my motor and making me a much needed cup of tea what was he doing? Planning how we are gonna continue this fantastic season and clinch the title that's what! Doesn't he realise I pay his wages??? Cotterill out I say!

He actually said as much recently.

Don't think he saw it as 'disrespectful' necessarily but he was certainly puzzled as to why fans were shouting his surname.

The fans are communicating to him directly when making this chant - if they met him in the street they wouldn't say, 'Hello Cotterill'.

Stevie, Stevie, give us a wave :chant6ez:  :yes::chant6ez:

And you are correct Noggers - After the last game of last season, I was waiting for JET to sign my young un's top and Steve was in the tunnel area when a young lad (who presumably had tried unsuccessfully to get a shirt, shorts or boots from any player) arrived out of breathe as Steve was signing autographs and shouted 'ere Cotterill, can have yer tie !!'

Steve replied...'Its Steve' and no you cant !

So as you rightly say Noggers...should people want a wave simply try  Stevie, Stevie, give us a wave   :chant6ez:    :yes:  :chant6ez:

Surnames are used in football though. Absolutely nothing wrong with Cotterill give us a wave. In fact I think 'Stevie give us a wave' is cringeworthy if anything.

If however you met him in person of course you would call him Steve, it's a different situation altogether than chanting from the stands. If we don't like using surnames then perhaps when we mention players on here we should call them Aden, Jay, Luke, Mark, Derrick etc... Maybe we should've also chanted 'Jon will tear you apart' after all your wouldn't call him Stead in person

Surnames are used in football though. Absolutely nothing wrong with Cotterill give us a wave. In fact I think 'Stevie give us a wave' is cringeworthy if anything.

If however you met him in person of course you would call him Steve, it's a different situation altogether than chanting from the stands. If we don't like using surnames then perhaps when we mention players on here we should call them Aden, Jay, Luke, Mark, Derrick etc... Maybe we should've also chanted 'Jon will tear you apart' after all your wouldn't call him Stead in person

Well, he's made it clear what he prefers.

So if you want a positive reaction, best take that on board.

Well, he's made it clear what he prefers.

So if you want a positive reaction, best take that on board.

Why is a positive reaction required, when it's already positive...? I completely disagree with the OP. Cotterill (or should I say Stevie) always waves back, and encourages the crowd to be louder when singing it. With the exception of Wembley, where each block were singing it at different times anyway, making the chant itself a blur. He probaby didn't hear or notice it

This idea has merit, but it also has problems - e g in which order would the fans names be read? Alphabetical is O K if your name is Archie Andrews, but not so good if it's Zac Zebedee. You could do it by age, but the old stagers might fall asleep before their name is read out. It might be possible to read the names stand by stand, but then the ex east enders would want to be first, and would insist that everyone else stood up when their names were read.

Perhaps you could give this some thought and come back with a workable plan.

A loyalty points system will be in place as of next season.

Until then each season ticket holder and 3 of their mates are entitled to the first personal mentions in order of who requests them first. Then it will be the members and basketball/rugby season ticket holders. After a few weeks of complaining about it all, fans that are neither season ticket holders or members can all have one as there is plenty to go around.

Our drains recently got severely blocked and I ended up with liquid faeces all over my front garden after the Dynorod bloke tried to unblock it with his thingy.

Was Steve Cotterill there to help us sweep all the turds back down the drain?...no.

Cotts is so selfish I bet they weren't even his turds!

A loyalty points system will be in place as of next season.

Until then each season ticket holder and 3 of their mates are entitled to the first personal mentions in order of who requests them first. Then it will be the members and basketball/rugby season ticket holders. After a few weeks of complaining about it all, fans that are neither season ticket holders or members can all have one as there is plenty to go around.

What about me i go to all the away games..? :grr:

The problem with shouting 'Stevie, give us a wave' is that there might be more than one Stevie, and then you have pandemonium on your hands. What happens, for instance, if Stevie Nicks happens to be in the crowd. Or Stevie Winwood.

..........Or someone called 'Stevie' who has no arms...............

Can't for the life of me understand why Cotts himself and all the lads on the bench during games aint up for five mins of Simon Says/O'Grady Says (Atyeo Says/Dolman Says) fun 'n games every once and a while, after all its the AG crowd who pays their wages init...

Actually that'd be great fun wouldnt it?... imagine all the mystified and confused wtf's from the opposition.. :)

It's the end of March and we've already lost 5 games this season. Not to mention the 8 draws.

If Cotterill was as good as a manager as some people are making out then we'd have won every game this season, by a minimum of 4 goals as well.

Unless Steve calls me personally to appologise and then taking my card details for me to purchase my season ticket for next season then I'll be disgusted.

You should be so lucky. 

If Steve Cotterill was as good a manager as some say he is then he should fly over Ashton Gate himself, yes himself no less, in his little micro-light with a banner trailing behind him that thanks every single expat who subscribes to that useless Player nonsense which is always 5 minutes behind real time. Only then will he be the superlative manager I am told he is.

You should be so lucky. 

If Steve Cotterill was as good a manager as some say he is then he should fly over Ashton Gate himself, yes himself no less, in his little micro-light with a banner trailing behind him that thanks every single expat who subscribes to that useless Player nonsense which is always 5 minutes behind real time. Only then will he be the superlative manager I am told he is.

Then fly over Horfield tomorrow, and shit on the bastards below............

And you are correct Noggers - After the last game of last season, I was waiting for JET to sign my young un's top and Steve was in the tunnel area when a young lad (who presumably had tried unsuccessfully to get a shirt, shorts or boots from any player) arrived out of breathe as Steve was signing autographs and shouted 'ere Cotterill, can have yer tie !!'

Steve replied...'Its Steve' and no you cant !

So as you rightly say Noggers...should people want a wave simply try  Stevie, Stevie, give us a wave   :chant6ez:    :yes:  :chant6ez:

No manners kids today. Steve sounds over familiar, and just the surname sounds a tad rude.

Luckily my generation had a cunning answer for this puzzler. Young scallywags would say 'would you sign this please Mr Cotterill'?

Simple, but effective.

Archived