IGNORED

Orient Coaches Late - My Latest Letter

alanpayne

That is pretty damn shocking that you have not had an email since the initial acknowledgement. Of course it has been a busy time for the club, of course they may be hitting a brick wall with Peter Carol so far, but if you've had radio silence since 4 March as the chain suggests that's disgusting really.

The very least I would expect is a holding email just to let you know its not been forgotten about and hope to respond asap. I would have been very tempted to cc today's email to someone more senior at the club also.

Your contract was with BCFC not peter carol the club cannot hid behind "we will ask them" it was the club you paid so under consumer law they are liable. If they wish to get paid back from PeterCarol that's there problem

Another shocking example of customer service,

E mail or tweet jon lansdown

Your contract was with BCFC not peter carol the club cannot hid behind "we will ask them" it was the club you paid so under consumer law they are liable. If they wish to get paid back from PeterCarol that's there problem

Another shocking example of customer service,

E mail or tweet jon lansdown

It's a double edged sword really. You are perfectly correct in what you state, but equally the club is perfectly entitled to carry out reasonable enquiries. For example, and I'm not suggesting this is in point, between Club and Customer there will undoubtedly be exclusions to liability, maybe even exclusions of liability unless the delay was X minutes. If the club just settled without making reasonable enquiries they may find out at a later date they were not even liable.

I'd be interested in knowing the route taken for this game. The quickest route would have been M4, M25 clockwise to M11 southbound through Walthamstow onto Leyton. However an inexperienced driver following Sat Nav may well have gone through central London, which could be extremely problematic and explain the delay.

Certainly a journey time of 2.15 until say 7.15, five hours, should have been more than enough if avoiding Central London.

Let me get this right. 

You bought a coach ticket from Bristol City. Bristol City don't have any coaches themselves, so they hired a coach with Peter Carol. Peter Carol then failed to get you to where you needed to get to by the correct time. Fact

Why is David Lloyd contacting Peter Carol, it's Bristol City's problem, your contract/ ticket was with Bristol City.

e.g. If BT are putting in a phone line and use a private contractor, it's BT's problem if it doesn't work. 

Note to David Lloyd: Peter Carol screwed up on Bristol City's behalf, as such, pay up and move on

Just to play devil's advocate and I was on one of the coaches. Has anyone ever read the terms of sale? Those terms could just say that City will get you to the game and that traffic problems are a kind of force majeure.

I remember years ago that British Rail terms of carriage did not even guarantee to get you a train.

Just to play devil's advocate and I was on one of the coaches. Has anyone ever read the terms of sale? Those terms could just say that City will get you to the game and that traffic problems are a kind of force majeure.

I remember years ago that British Rail terms of carriage did not even guarantee to get you a train.

You may well be right but the fact AP has no further information from the club regarding his complaint is a shoddy reflection of the clubs customer service.

So every time a bus is late customers can sue for their money back ? Jesus, that should put First out of business PDQ.

It took 6 hours to get back from Wembley on Sunday and I completely missed a family function - I think I'll sue the club for some compo as they should have foreseen the delay and provided a few helicopter's.

Check their T & C's I think you can under some conditions.

Archived