IGNORED

If Pne & Swindon

Redarmy987

Swindon have a disgusting April and imo too far behind us even if they win their games in hand and beat us.

With Preston basically everything will have to go their way for them to catch us.

Yes its very possible they could catch us but lets not kid ourselves we are in the driving seat even though we never won today.

Semblar posted on another thread that 95 points will guarantee us promotion, 98 points to be champions regardless of results in other games. Even if we were to lose today we would need to win 4 from 7 to guarantee promotion.

I've done my own sums and make it 98 points to guarantee promotion, 101 point to guarantee top spot.

The first scenario includes Swindon winning all their games and PNE losing once (against Swindon) to give both teams 97 points. In this scenario we still go up (as champions) if we won all 5 games other than those against PNE and Swindon - 4 wins and a draw would leave it down to goal difference.

The top spot projection simply assumes PNE win all their remaining 9 games, taking their points tally to 100. Even if we lost against PNE, winning the other 8 games would still leave us as champions - 7 wins and a draw would leave it down to goal difference.

By way of comparison, if we win all our remaining 7 games we will get to 105 points.

However, the simple point is it remains well and firmly within our hands.

Cotts - bit sloppy at times today.

15mins at the start good, but lot of emotion over last week. Dangerous game today, and pleased to have got it out the way. Got our noses in front, and then took our foot off the pedal. All guns blazing at 2-2, should have won. Barnsley not a huge threat, the odd moment in the second half. Disappointing with a couple of sloppy goals conceeded. Bryan took goal well.  

That equaliser was important. For psychology and morale as much as mathematics.

Prestons two games in hand are Fleetwood tomorrow, a local derby where they are missing some key players and Notts away who are fighting for their lives. Ill stick my neck out and say they wont win both.. 4 points maximum I think. That would leave them with 7 more points to make up... If we get a draw at deepdale, Boom, game over I think.

As for Swindle. Yeah good luck inbreds. Beat them at the gate (and believe me we'll be hugely up for this one!!!) and Thats game over too.

We'll be fine. :)

Lots of if, buts and maybe's.  I think the simple fact remains that we can afford to drop points, where as, Swindon and Preston can't, both have to go on an extremely unlikely winning streak (they also play each other), this includes that they MUST beat us along the way.  Neither of those teams can really afford a loss, at all till the end of the season and both WILL lose again this season.

Anyway, to flip it, if we beat Preston and Swindon we're 'almost' home and dry. Both games we are as likely to win as lose.

It seems you're starting to get worried. Should make for an interesting game at the gate if your players are as nervous as you lot. An early goal from us (preferably by Nathan Thompson) and you'll be all over the shop and no doubt be getting on your players backs. What happened to all of the bravado with threads like 'promotion against Swindon'? I preferred it when you had a bit of confidence about you. Can you at least promise me a decent atmosphere still or will your nerves translate to relative silence as per usual? #library as one of your own rightly stated earlier.

It seems you're starting to get worried. Should make for an interesting game at the gate if your players are as nervous as you lot. An early goal from us (preferably by Nathan Thompson) and you'll be all over the shop and no doubt be getting on your players backs. What happened to all of the bravado with threads like 'promotion against Swindon'? I preferred it when you had a bit of confidence about you. Can you at least promise me a decent atmosphere still or will your nerves translate to relative silence as per usual? #library as one of your own rightly stated earlier.

Sold your tickets yet?

How would a Swindon fan know what a library sounds like?

I see you've lost 4 of your last 9 games and drawn another, where as we have won 7 and drawn 2 of our last 9.

Perhaps you should concentrate on the next court case, the 2nd this season already or pay your bills for a change.

Sold your tickets yet?

Or are you all saving yourselves for the thousands that will descend on Deepdale as you have told them on their forum

See the few tickets you have for AG seem to be a bit slow selling, on general sale Monday ......

Must be a strain to shift 800 tickets for a game 40 miles down the road !!!!!

:laugh:

Deluded Deluded Deluded ........

Play offs and failure for your bunch of diving cheats, bring on April the 7th and the promotion party; please don't miss it.

Or are you all saving yourselves for the thousands that will descend on Deepdale as you have told them on their forum

See the few tickets you have for AG seem to be a bit slow selling, on general sale Monday ......

Must be a strain to shift 800 tickets for a game 40 miles down the road !!!!!

:laugh:

Deluded Deluded Deluded ........

That is embarrassing, particularly in the context of the 5,500 we took twice as far to MK for a game of similar importance.

Archived