Our record vs. the top 6 below us;

vs. PNE, played one lost one

vs. Swindon, played one lost one

vs. MK Dons, won and drew

vs. Sheffield Utd, won and lost

vs. Rochdale, drew and won

vs. Barnsley, two draws

W: 3 D: 4 L: 3

Not bad, but not brilliant, anyone slightly concerned, should be be promoted, at this?

Our results against the rest are pretty incredible

W: 22 D: 5 L: 2

vs. Barnsley, two draws

Not bad, but not brilliant, anyone slightly concerned, should be be promoted, at this?

Not really. We wiped the floor with Preston at Ashton Gate and on another day would have won comfortably. We all know what happened at Swindon. We didn't play well against Sheffield United and got done chasing the win, it happens. I thought we were poor at home to Rochdale and again yesterday but we got four points from the two games anyway.

Was only just thinking this myself. It doesn't make for great reading but taking 13 points from 10 games against top teams isn't exactly a bad return either. Couple it with great results against the lower teams and you end up however many points we are clear at the top. I'd take that every season tbg!

Doesn't worry me at all.

Lots of things happened in some of those games that could so easily have gone the other way meaning we could have won - eg PNE at home and Swindon away.

Should we go up, these games will mean nothing next season.

We are top of this div because we have the best team and we will adapt and add to it if we go up.

I think because we are just not used to leading a div for this long we are all getting a bit nervous and are looking for things to worry about.

Let's just enjoy this, I just wish it wasn't so near the end of this fantastic season.

Seeing players like Korey Smith and Luke Freeman in our team has just been brilliant. Young, hungry pros bringing us success, superb!

I believe it is cut and dried, when we reach sufficient points for promotion we should inform the FA that we are not fit for promotion because our results against the top teams are not good enough. This will leave promotion to Preston, Swindon or MK Dons depending which has the best results against the other top teams, presuming of course that their records are far superior to ours. It's only fair.

vs. Barnsley, two draws

Look at it another way; over 10 games we've only lost 3 times. And remember every one of those other seven games resulted in dropped points for our rivals.

Looks a strong record to me.

• Admin

Doesn't mean a thing this sort of stuff. We drew with Walsall, Walsall beat MK, we beat MK then we beat Walsall in the one that mattered. Remember the year we got to the Championship play-offs. Our record against Hull City was Played 3, won 1 drew 1 lost 1. We just lost the wrong one!

We should have won the away game too if the ref hadn't bottled it and claimed Byfield dived.

(I'll get over it one day.)

Yes, we've got a good team, but the key thing about this season is our consistency. Under SC this season, we've had very very few bad days at the office.  The other teams around us have all had more big wins than us (we've had one 4-0, the others have had more, and some have scored 5, 6 or even 7 in some games), but they've also lost or drawn a lot more of the games that, based on league position, you'd expect them to win.

Most teams can beat pretty much anyone else in the division on their day, but doing it week after week is the hard part.  Maximum respect to SC.

Archived