IGNORED

Would You Want These England Players In The City Team?

mookey

First time I've noticed it but we are a predominantly English squad.

I've actually found this thread great btw :D

mookey, within their own environment, the players you are comparing to ours are playing at greater speed, are quicker in terms of speed of thought, will generally have greater technique etc etc

Of course, in the context of the level that they are playing, some of them do look poor. Whereas, in the context of league one - we have looked too good, at times.

I have every expectation that Ayling and Freeman will make it to be top flight players but it is unlikely that they will ever play for England, imo.

Turn this around, would you seriously not swap Marlon Pack for Jordon Henderson?

Don't think the most stupid - there are numerous pointless threads about all sorts

At least it's football related and you may not agree with the lad in any way shape or form but it's HIS opinion

no need to be so dismissive

I agree here.

No need to shoot the guy down so much,

Yes I wholeheartedly disagree with him, but hey ho it's how he is feeling.

City are top of the league, won a trophy, best we have played in god knows how long. He's loving the time, loving the squad. And why not?

Even though he may be deadly serious, doesn't mean people have to react so damn serious to him. Just don't feel there is any need to shoot him down so much.

I agree here.

City are top of the league, won a trophy, best we have played in god knows how long. He's loving the time, loving the squad. And why not?

Even though he may be deadly serious, doesn't mean people have to react so damn serious to him. Just don't feel there is any need to shoot him down so much.

I see why people are dismissive. For one, it makes us look a laughing stock. Barcelona of League 2 anyone? Ask any one with a hint of objectivity whether they would swap Jordan Henderson for Marlon Pack and they would bite your hand off. It's just ridiculous.

I see why people are dismissive. For one, it makes us look a laughing stock. Barcelona of League 2 anyone? Ask any one with a hint of objectivity whether they would swap Jordan Henderson for Marlon Pack and they would bite your hand off. It's just ridiculous.

Im sorry but it makes us look like a laughing stock to who exactly?

Bristol Rovers fans? They are in a position to laugh at us are they?

The football community? Who on earth would be reading this bar City fans and the very odd fan of other teams?

Your suggesting that ONE fans view is making Bristol city fans look a laughing stock??? We look like a laughing stock to nobody. Thats some paranoia setting in right there.

Oh my aching sides.

Quite obviously, all of those mentioned are far better than our players. Conversely, I'm interested to know if mookey believes England would have fared better in Turin by removing those he listed and playing their counterparts from Ashton Gate?

Oh and Atticus, while I agree that this topic will probably drift away into the wilderness of the Internet in a day or two, you only need look at any form of social media to know not to underestimate the potential for any single forum post, written comment, shared picture or short video to go viral to potentially millions in a breath.

Although I, for one, welcome the risk of mockery for our club in exchange for fantastically entertaining craziness like this.

The football community? Who on earth would be reading this bar City fans and the very odd fan of other teams?

Your suggesting that ONE fans view is making Bristol city fans look a laughing stock??? We look like a laughing stock to nobody. Thats some paranoia setting in right there.

I agree here.

Why are we not allowed to belittle the OP?  He is talking absolute turd.

Jones and Smalling shouldn't be anywhere near an England team and if they played for a smaller club they wouldn't get a look in.

Clyne isn't up to international football but he's there because we have a shortage of full backs.

On a positive note, England were far better than Italy in the second half with a relatively weak team and could easily have won the game.

But they don't play for a smaller club because someone who has a fair bit of knowledge about footie decided they are good enough to play in a team that won the Premier League 2 years ago and are in the top 4 this season. Arsenal would buy Smalling in a heartbeat if they could.

Clyne is part of a defence that has the 1st or 2nd best record in the whole of the premier league. (I believe). Saying that I do kind of agree with you on him but he needs to be given the chance to see if he is or not.

Oh you mean like has happened on here from other forums... repeatedly.

Chelsea have the biggest, most athletic and versatile back 4 in English football if not world football. It's not because of the defence they have fallen behind the others.

Are smalling/Jones world class - not in a million years. Are they England class - I'd say they most definately are looking at what players are available. Terry is the best CB but doesn't play, Cahill on his day is top class but other than that, those two are probably the next best. Stone at Everton has potential but there isn't mush else available.

It's all about expectations with England. We've appointed many a manger who has had a sucessful time elsewhere and come with a big reputation but failed for England. The one reaccuring element are the players. Be it Gerrard and Lampard, Terry and Rio, Shearer and Sheringham and so on. English football as a whole, the coaching, the mentalitly of young players is so far behind a lot of 'smaller' countries and unless we get very very lucky we won't be seeing any tournament wins in my time.

Archived