IGNORED

Recall Osbourne?

B-Rizzle

As Little is now almost certainly out for the rest of the season he'll most likely be replaced by either Tavernier or Wagstaff at right wing-back. This however, frees up some space on the bench. I may be wrong but we don't currently have any senior players not making a match day squad, certainly not a defender. Should we now seriously consider recalling Osbourne from his loan at Colchester?

Assuming Tavs replaces Little then the only defensive cover we have is Cunningham who can only just about slot into the left side of that back three. Osbourne is a natural centre-half and if anyone gets injured at the back now we're stuffed. I know Cotts said he doesn't want to call any of the loans back just to sit on the bench but KO missed the last few games at Colchester to injury and was only on the bench yesterday when colchester won so he probably won't start their next game either.

I'd get him back now. This could be his chance with us as he'll be next in line should any of our back three pick up knocks. He also gives us an option of replacing Ayling at the back with Ayling moving to right-wing back. 

Don't know. But he played 3 and half games for them (before getting injured and subbed off). They lost all 4. Since then he missed 3 games. they won 2 and drew 1. He was only just back on the bench on Friday so can't see him just walking back into their starting 11 if they're starting to pick up so form. That's why i'd bring him back. Rather he was on the bench for us than them and we definitely know there's a space for him on the bench now.

Good shout. I think he's been very unlucky not to get more appearances for City this season.. (From what I can remember, he only came on a couple of times as centre forward)

Good shout. I think he's been very unlucky not to get more appearances for City this season.. (From what I can remember, he only came on a couple of times as centre forward)

Agree. Seems to have been very patient and positive desoite his season not going to plan. He was very unlucky to get injured in Botswana. Would be very surprised if Cotts didn't get him back for Tues. 

As Little is now almost certainly out for the rest of the season he'll most likely be replaced by either Tavernier or Wagstaff at right wing-back. This however, frees up some space on the bench. I may be wrong but we don't currently have any senior players not making a match day squad, certainly not a defender. Should we now seriously consider recalling Osbourne from his loan at Colchester?

Assuming Tavs replaces Little then the only defensive cover we have is Cunningham who can only just about slot into the left side of that back three. Osbourne is a natural centre-half and if anyone gets injured at the back now we're stuffed. I know Cotts said he doesn't want to call any of the loans back just to sit on the bench but KO missed the last few games at Colchester to injury and was only on the bench yesterday when colchester won so he probably won't start their next game either.

I'd get him back now. This could be his chance with us as he'll be next in line should any of our back three pick up knocks. He also gives us an option of replacing Ayling at the back with Ayling moving to right-wing back. 

God help us if Wagstaff replaces Little.

Looks like it according to the man himself!

Yep! For those without twitter, Osbourne just tweeted; "Bristol bound..."

Pretty certain that means he's been recalled as i think his family are London based so the only reason he'd be heading to Bristol is for a recall i'm guessing

Pleased he has been called back. Karleigh has a lot of experience playing right back through his career and is equally at home there or at CB. Not sure Cotts will start with him but defo good to have on bench for Tues. hope he does play a part in rest of season as his attitude when not selected was 1st class considering it must have been frustrating for him.

so we will actually have a CB back on our bench , which seems mad as we play 3 of them! I  I can see him coming on Late to replace Tavernier and swapping places with Ayling when we are chasing a game late on .

I think Ayling would be the best player to play wing back but Osbourne doesn't have pace to track back so that would only make Williams out of the back 3 with any pace.

so we will actually have a CB back on our bench , which seems mad as we play 3 of them! I  I can see him coming on Late to replace Tavernier and swapping places with Ayling when we are chasing a game late on .

I think Ayling would be the best player to play wing back but Osbourne doesn't have pace to track back so that would only make Williams out of the back 3 with any pace.

Think you've underestimated Osborne's pace a bit there mate, he can shift!

Good to have the big man back involved but he's not going to go from not being into the squad to suddenly starting.

I will be very surprised if Ayling is moved to wing back. Ayling & Williams ability to bring the ball out from the back has been one of many contributing factors as to why the current system works so well.

It's a straight shoot out between Tavernier & Waggy for who will come in. Has to be. I don't get why people would be prepared to change positions or system just for one injury.

Archived