IGNORED

Hugging Strangers...

BUTOR

Got squeezed by a gorilla of a man in e block tonight... Still recovering.

Always a special night when you embrace with complete randomers, this the case in the rest of the ground too?

Don't know whether you noticed Bounce but you left the ground without your wallet.....

Did you want it back ;)

:laugh::laugh:

There seemed to be a bit of overflow in the press box, so a suit came out just after kick off to ask if the seat next to myself was going spare. Indeed it was, so he pulled up some bench and joined me.

I can understand as a club employee (he had the lanyard and all) he has to remain somewhat dignified but as the game grew in intensity I could feel the crowd's enthusiasm rubbing off on him. He was at work, so inevitablly he had to dash off every now and then, be it into the press box itself or wherever he was going. This meant he missed the first goal, and the ensuing madness.

Each time he returned, undeterred and still not wanting to miss the game. It got to the point when shortly after Bryan was hacked down in the second half, he added a shout of "too right, mate" when I trotted out my trademark "Send the****, red"(Let it be known I use this for every minor indiscretion committed by opponents).

The game continued to rise in hostility and excitement until it happened. Bryan comes infield and shifts back onto his left. He joins in the crowd's unified cry of "shooooooooot" and did he ever. Bryan of course lets fly into the top corner and before I know it not only are we embraced but we've moved a good few feet down the row and I've smashed my hand against something on the wall.

We were now friends forever. By the time the third went it, a one armed embrace of relief was in order. I've hugged plenty of strangers at the football, but tonight I hugged a club employee.

Old Irish saying..

A stranger is simply a friend you have not yet met.

Or something like that...

I believe that the origin is actually a Swindon saying...

'a stranger is simply a family member you haven't slept with ten times yet'

Archived