IGNORED

Apparently, We've Got Loads Of Money

Paulton Red

I know SL does, but doesn't FairPlay or whatever it's called constrain what he can spend on transfers and wages?

Tbf I don't care if SL has bought success, isn't that what the big clubs do all the time? It's just that I don't see anything that suggests we are frigging the financial restrictions...or do we now have an official logistics partner?

And if he has, much credit still needs to go to the staff and players...chucking money at a football team doesn't guarantee anything.

I know SL does, but doesn't FairPlay or whatever it's called constrain what he can spend on transfers and wages?

Tbf I don't care if SL has bought success, isn't that what the big clubs do all the time? It's just that I don't see anything that suggests we are frigging the financial restrictions...or do we now have an official logistics partner?

And if he has, much credit still needs to go to the staff and players...chucking money at a football team doesn't guarantee anything.

This has been covered numerous times now, but yes we are as well within the finance rules as anyone. We have chosen to assemble a small squad of the highest quality and it has been money well spent. There have been lots of teams down here with player with numbers over 30 on their back and Barnsley had a sub wearing 41! If those clubs choose to get lots of mediocre players for the same money thats their choice.

Fans and managers of other clubs don't like to admit that we have been the best side in the division this season and Steve Lansdowns personal wealth is a handy excuse to use even though we are subject to the same FFP rules as everyone else.

Fans and managers of other clubs don't like to admit that we have been the best side in the division this season and Steve Lansdowns personal wealth is a handy excuse to use even though we are subject to the same FFP rules as everyone else.

SL was already a very rich man hen he became involved in the club. Under he's tutleledge the club has always had his financial support.

Two things have happened that have made a huge difference when Steve Cotterill and then crucially Keith Burt were appointed. Previous managers didn't utilise or take full advantage of available "resources" despite having there availability.

It's just a tad irritating that other managers, opposition fans, the press and ignorant TV radio/pundits mention the fact that City have a very wealthy major share owner when that's been the case for several years. Credit should go to Steve Cotterill and wheeler dealer Keith Burt who have both done a terrific job.

As I've mentioned before, it's not just the spend on transfer fees and wages. We had a pre-season training camp in South Africa, got a brand new luxury coach for the first team to travel in and put the players up for extra nights on away trips. These are things that most other clubs in the division cannot or will not afford and they make a big difference.

The annoying thing is that relative to some of the players we've paid for they're not that expensive and yet it's taken us this long to work out it's a good idea.

SL was already a very rich man hen he became involved in the club. Under he's tutleledge the club has always had his financial support.

Two things have happened that have made a huge difference when Steve Cotterill and then crucially Keith Burt were appointed. Previous managers didn't utilise or take full advantage of available "resources" despite having there availability.

It's just a tad irritating that other managers, opposition fans, the press and ignorant TV radio/pundits mention the fact that City have a very wealthy major share owner when that's been the case for several years. Credit should go to Steve Cotterill and wheeler dealer Keith Burt who have both done a terrific job.

This

I think there is a misconception that we've spent a fortune this summer. We made some eye catching signings, all of which have come off - therefore we've spent a lot of money

There is a difference to spending a fortune, and spending some money wisely. We have done the latter, and in a game or so, should reap our rewards

It's really coming over as pure bitterness now

The funny thing is if Swindon had sold their most valuable asset, like we did, they could have balanced the books, like we did, and bought other players to fill the squad, like we did.

Baldocks fee paid for the vast majority of Freeman, Ayling, Little, Korey Smith and Agard.

Never mind Swindon, you got the November League 1 title.

The reduction of baldock's wages would have gone some way to covering two or three players wages as well. Definately a good sell in my eyes.

Remove El abd off the wage bill and it would be another tick in the good column. Will be interesting to see the approach we take for recruitment in the summer and what tactics we use in the championship. I hope we stick rather than twist

I would suggest that we have received more than we spent in transfer fees with the selling of Baldock

we haven't we've spent 200k net on transfers it was in this seasons accounts

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the last set of published accounts for the year to May 2014.

This would have been before the summer signings and the sale of Sam Baldock.

Archived