IGNORED

An Oskar Update!

Dollymarie

Just thought I'd share this picture with everyone.

Oskar got his cheque for his much needed operation today that people on here chipped in to contribute to, that football fans far and wide chipped in for, that non football fans chipped in for, that people did countless things to raise the funds for.

Oskar gets his operation when the football season has finished (obviously!)

I think I can safely say on behalf of Lizzy his mum a massive thank you to each and every one of you.

Let's finish the season and get promoted for this little hero. :)

b5efb7f039eea79ed82cb23f7e279837_zpsgh12

Wonderful News.

One thing I must add, however, is that, whilst it brings a tear to my eye every time I see or read about Oskar and his sad (hopefully, soon to be better) story, there is always, without fail, a bright smile on his little face.  

Given his background, I think therein lies a lesson for all of us.

Wonderful News.

One thing I must add, however, is that, whilst it brings a tear to my eye every time I see or read about Oskar and his sad (hopefully, soon to be better) story, there is always, without fail, a bright smile on his little face.  

Given his background, I think therein lies a lesson for all of us.

Agree. Also he has a 100% winning record when leading the team out!! Is he going to Preston?!

I'm pretty ignorant on what his operation and possible recovery time and timescales involves. Is it 'just' one op or a series? I don't want all the gorey details but what does the operation involve? What are the stages he has to progress through?

Not wanting to get political, but I'm still absolutely disgusted and staggered that it wasnt fully funded by the National Health.

I am absolutely certain he has the drive and determination to walk out onto the pitch one day, won't be a dry eye in the house.

He has one operation which is then followed by months and months of intensive physio. The operation itself only costs half of what was raised, the other half of the money is spent on hours of daily physio (which again isn't covered on the NHS) to build up the muscles which Oskar has never used as he's never walked, so that they can support him when he has the strength to walk.

That's a very simplified version of what will happen anyway. It's not like he has the op and he can walk straight away, it takes much longer than that. :)

A special thanks to all the Gas who organised and contributed towards Oskar's fund. :clapping:

I don't  think i'm speaking out of turn when i say on behalf of all the kind hearted Gasheads who generously helped raise some cash, we say - Good luck Oskar!

...and what a fantastic achievement whether red, blue or indifferent, people came together to support a fantastic cause for a brave young lad.

He's not due to be on the pitch again this season. Hopefully in about a year when he's had his op and all the physio needed, he'll be back out there.

so all things being well he can lead the team out for the promotion clinching game in the championship next season!

He has one operation which is then followed by months and months of intensive physio. The operation itself only costs half of what was raised, the other half of the money is spent on hours of daily physio (which again isn't covered on the NHS) to build up the muscles which Oskar has never used as he's never walked, so that they can support him when he has the strength to walk.

That's a very simplified version of what will happen anyway. It's not like he has the op and he can walk straight away, it takes much longer than that. :)

Like RedM, I am staggered that the NHS does not finance this.

Obviously, we have only the barest of details, but when one reads of, e.g., young women having breast implants funded by said NHS and this type of cost being excluded, one can only question the wisdom and, indeed, justice of the NHS decision makers.  

Archived