IGNORED

Ash the Bash

With a feel good factor at the club again there is no reason we cant get 20k plus, if Cardiff can do it then we can! Remember last time we were doing well in the championship we averaged 17k, bearing in mind that a lot of the bigger games we could have sold 25k, which would have made that average higher, I think people underestimate he support we have tbh. Bristol people just need something half decent to support an they will come, ala Wembley.

Over the last few years our capacity has been 19k ish.

Once we had sold 16k most of the seats left were singles/bad views etc.

With 27k anyone buying a ticket will know they will have a great view in a good stadium.

I'm convinced our crowds will jump.

The biggest problem will be parking,for us fans outside of Bristol it's already a real pain,and at times really off putting.

I remember a while back people were talking about a new train station near AG,is there any more news on this?,or is it never going to happen.

With 27k anyone buying a ticket will know they will have a great view in a good stadium.

The biggest problem will be parking,for us fans outside of Bristol it's already a real pain,and at times really off putting.

I remember a while back people were talking about a new train station near AG,is there any more news on this?,or is it never going to happen.

Not going to happen at the moment. I think it was decided the demand wasn't great enough to justify paying for a new station on the redeveloped Bristol to portishead line.

It's a shame really. Don't think it's to do with demand. If George Ferguson is as green minded as he says he is he would push for this as it has the potential to have a massively positive effect on match day travel for both football and rugby and ease the pressure on Bedminster side streets.

Whatever the scenario, it will always looks dreadful for the rugby lot getting 6/7k in a 27k seater :thumbsup:

Look bloomin mint when there's 27k watching Bristol v Bath though.

The other option is to have a ground that's too small and we turn away much needed funds.. :facepalm:

Personally, and for me, the focus should be around what we need to do to fill it as opposed to have depressing it'll be if it's half empty! :grr:

If the crowds don't rise naturally (I expect that they will by 3-4k) then how about a 30% discount to your ST if you can refer a friend who is purchasing a ST for the first time. I have no business sense and have no idea if it's a viable option but it popped into my head on a Friday afternoon.

Hmm, having given it a second's thought I guess people paying the full price wouldn't be so happy.

Its a pain in the butt for those in Bristol as well,worst to come if the red trouser-ed fella gets his way, decent parking, good public transport and i recon it could be worth a few thou on the gate.

We have a railway platform close to Ashton Gate ( parson street ) I wonder if this line can become of more use?

We have a railway platform close to Ashton Gate ( parson street ) I wonder if this line can become of more use?

this could be put to more use if the authorities that be thought it through, I drive in from Burnham on Sea  for matches but if I could get off at Parson Street, it would be a bonus ( plus getting home)

On the same issue (parking), was there any update on the use of the various park and ride sites for easy access to the Gate on match days? That would be brilliant IMHO.

They are planning to use the Long Ashton Park & Ride car park next season

The club were talking about using the one in Briz as well IIRC. As there are a fair few of us on the dark side of town nowadays, I think it would be very popular if priced correctly.

The other option is to have a ground that's too small and we turn away much needed funds.. :facepalm:

Personally, and for me, the focus should be around what we need to do to fill it as opposed to have depressing it'll be if it's half empty! :grr:

Half full, please :nono::D

Archived