IGNORED

Player Ratings Today

Murraysrightplum

Fielding 5 - looked nervy under a few crosses and hesitant a few times could have cost us

Tavernier 6 - poor first half but better in the second. We miss Little

Ayling 6 - sometimes sublime sometimes clumsy

Flint 8 - a rock, always in the right place at the right time and did brilliantly for the goal

Williams 6 - a few good ventures forward but lumps it aimlessly at times

Bryan 7 - did well defensively and looked a threat second half. Could've done better with a couple of crosses

Smith 7 - put himself about and neat and tidy

Pack 4 - I thought he was poor. Looked nervy and didn't dictate play at all

Freeman 7 - looked the most likely to create as always but nothing really came off for him. May be a bit tired/injured?

Wilbs - 6 got the goal and worked hard but not a lot else

Agard -7 I thought he had a good game. The ball stuck to him and held it up well. A couple of good chances as well

Just my view of the game

Fielding 5 - looked nervy under a few crosses and hesitant a few times could have cost us

Flint 8 - a rock, always in the right place at the right time and did brilliantly for the goal

Bryan 7 - did well defensively and looked a threat second half. Could've done better with a couple of crosses

Freeman 7 - looked the most likely to create as always but nothing really came off for him. May be a bit tired/injured?

Agard -7 I thought he had a good game. The ball stuck to him and held it up well. A couple of good chances as well

Just my view of the game

We were that bad and yet more than matched PNE? Their keeper was MotM. listening on the radio they were suggesting that it was a game between 2 quality teams, obviously not what you saw....

I guess it's just entirely subjective: what is 7/10 for one person (eg Murraysrightplum) is 9/10 for someone else (Radio Briss commentators).

Interesting that Pack is rated so poorly, Plum. He was found out a little by Cooper's tactics on Tues and although Cotts has stuck with him, it is fascinating that we have 'got away with' a squad player in such an important position for so many games. I have nothing really against him, certainly no axe to grind, but think Korey S has covered for a lack of pace and quality in our midfield for a lot of the time (and I'm a big fan of Elliott but he faded even before he ended up on the bench).

And I spot you mention Agard held the ball up well - his biggest downfall as his touch is shocking at times. 

Interesting that Andy Stockhousen said marlin was our best player, 'tis a game of opinions https://twitter.com/andystockhausen/status/586941701379469312

All I can remember him doing is giving the ball away and falling over a lot. Watching from the end of the pitch is not always best mind so second half maybe missed some stuff he did

I guess it's just entirely subjective: what is 7/10 for one person (eg Murraysrightplum) is 9/10 for someone else (Radio Briss commentators).

Interesting that Pack is rated so poorly, Plum. He was found out a little by Cooper's tactics on Tues and although Cotts has stuck with him, it is fascinating that we have 'got away with' a squad player in such an important position for so many games. I have nothing really against him, certainly no axe to grind, but think Korey S has covered for a lack of pace and quality in our midfield for a lot of the time (and I'm a big fan of Elliott but he faded even before he ended up on the bench).

And I spot you mention Agard held the ball up well - his biggest downfall as his touch is shocking at times.

Touch looked good today

Seemed like today, Agard could have been the difference.

Seemed to pop up, but an inch away from the ball. On more than once occasion too.

Unlucky, Agard. I rate him and it's the hard working and unfashionable side of him that makes Agard ALWAYS worth a shout in the starting XI.

Keep it up fella.

Just my view of the game

I wasn't at the game but I was expecting much higher ratings given that we more than matched an in-form team on their own patch!

I thought Fielding was alright. Nobody had a bad game although Tavernier and Ayling weren't quite in tune with each other down that flank in the way that Little would be and they got exposed a bit, especially in the first half.

JET's cameo wasn't one of his finer displays. Agard looked much livelier and should have had a couple.

Ian aka Bristol Boy, described it as the best display of the season on RB and sounded disappointed that we didn't win.

Your right!   I heard him say that most of the season that they have played well in 20 minute bursts during the two halves.  He said that this was the first time this season he had seen them play flat out for the 90 minutes.

I thought Fielding was alright. Nobody had a bad game although Tavernier and Ayling weren't quite in tune with each other down that flank in the way that Little would be and they got exposed a bit, especially in the first half.

JET's cameo wasn't one of his finer displays. Agard looked much livelier and should have had a couple.

Agree, I was surprised Agard came off. Frankie didn't cost us today but could have done, especially that one he put out for a corner when he hesitated coming out to clear.

Tight match which we shaded overall particularly 2nd half.

All about opinions but thought fielding did fine but never had that much to do. Probably a 7

Agard had a couple of opportunities but had a normal agard performance 6 at best.

Pack did ok probably a 6.

I thought jet came on and looked dangerous and generally seems to make us more likely to score.

Like he did on, Tuesday when he let the Swindon forward in, Flint made a potentially fatal mistake a couple of minutes from the end, weak finish saved the day. Flint looked really dangerous from set pieces and could have had a couple and laid on the winner. 8 down from 9 due to late mistake.

Bryan was into the penalty area 4 times in 2nd half and on each occasion failed to deliver. Disappointing for me 5.5 at best.

Tavernier is never a wing back. Very little threat 5.

Corey, ayling, Williams, wilbs, freeman all very steady 7's

Seems harsh to say given the season he has had but Flint seems the be making a single big mistake a game for the last few. Keeps us on our toes I guess!

Yes, to be fair , he's been fantastic for us this season but is susceptible to a mistake or two, I suppose he's only human after all. Sounded like a pretty major gaff today (thankfully it came to nothing) .

Your right!   I heard him say that most of the season that they have played well in 20 minute bursts during the two halves.  He said that this was the first time this season he had seen them play flat out for the 90 minutes.

Dont agree , we were sloppy with passing first half yet comfortable but superb second half... I have seen them play better this season.

Seems to be the trend with recent away games.

I thought we looked the better team throughout the game. We neutralised them pretty effectively and were a lot more threatening going forward. I really couldn't see them scoring. Then they scored! We soon got back on terms and were unlucky not to find a winner in the last 15 mins or so. We created quite a few chances but they were blocked in and around their penalty area by some last ditch defending. Also very much like the final few minutes in the Barnsley game Joe B had a great opportunity to just square the ball along the 6 yd line having got passed the last defender but he went for glory again and missed. One more thing it was very windy and swirling around in the stadium which made controlled passing difficult for both teams. Nevertheless we definitely played the better football and probably deserved to win.

Archived