IGNORED

Not On Tuesday...

Its all about the title now for me. Preston win and we drop points at Bradford, it back to being tight again. Who says Coventry have read the script for this party?

To few games left to be faffing around. Lets aim to win each game we step on to the pitch for, in the last four. Promotion, and I hope the title happen when they happen.

Just been doing some Maths, according to my workings, we could be declared champions against Coventry, but only if we beat Bradford and Coventry, and Preston get 4 points from gillingham and port vale. They will have 3 games left to play with a maximum of 9 points available, our 2 wins would put us on 95 points, and prestons 4 points at best would put them on 85, with a maximum of 94 available, and our 2 wins would leave us on 95 and therefore league winners.

If Preston win both, and so do we, they would be on 87 points, with a total of 96 available we would be on 95 so would need 2 points from th last 2 games.

What does go in our favour though is that the Preston v port vale game is on next Friday night, so we will already know what we will need by the time we kick off against Coventry next saturday.

If my figures are off please correct me as I m tired and basing my figures on the table that i remembered from earlier!

I get that people would prefer us to celebrate promotion on a warm saturday afternoon at home rather than on a tuesday night way up north. But every single City fan out there should be willing us to win at Bradford and get the job done, rather than hoping the party is postponed. We cant pick and choose when and where we pick up our points. We could just as easily lose to Coventry as well, and then what? A nervous finish to the season? No thanks! Let's get this done.

The concept people don't want us to wrap up promotion as soon as possible isn't one I understand. At all.

Wish we'd done it today. Hell; wish we'd done it last week - want us to be out of this league.

This.

We have a chance to get it done Tuesday so I can't understand why anyone wouldn't want us to. The sooner we are promoted the sooner we can focus on the title. I am lucky enough to be going Tuesday so I hope the long trip is rewarded with promotion.

If we draw and Swindle & MK don't better our result on Tuesday night then that will also confirm promotion I believe. Honestly don't see why we wouldn't want the job done Tuesday.

I'd be happy for a win Tuesday, even though I can't go, I've seen a few promotions so for me I just want to be there when we win the title.

I've said before , I was at Reading Vs Notts Co. years ago when a draw meant we would go up. Notts got a late equaliser, so late we'd left  :grr:

Hoping for a bit more luck this time,  :fingerscrossed: for Chesterfield tickets.

Archived