IGNORED

Drink Of Choice - Cider?

B-Rizzle

177 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We used to get the 6.0%  export Blackthorn out here in the Offies, but lately thats not been the case.

So, unfortunately I am stuck with Wrongbow (I know, I want to chop my own head off),  We have been infiltrated lately with Magners and Magners Pear (with ice) and Foundry can be found on tap in most places these days.  As well as Sombersby.

On Vancouver Island, they have numerous craft beer micro breweries.  Some of it, is ok.  Mostly though, they are trying to out Hop each other and the other stuff just tastes of flowers.  Its pretty crap stuff.

So I am stuck with wrongbow.....But these days I mostly drink wine.

Stevo

After living in London for 12 years up to 2008, was delighted to get back to the West Country where there was proper Cider on tap in my local.

Favourite tipples include Thatchers Gold/Vintage/Old Rascal, Stowford Press and whilst from the wrong side of the country Aspall's is nice on a warm evening.

Whilst it appears to have a bad rep, quite like the taste of Magners ... no thanks to the fizzy apple that is Strongbow though!!!!!!

COYAPPLESSSSSSSS!

Down here on the south coast I have to drink Wyld Wood in the pub as thats the only decent option. I am enjoying trying different craft beers though just as I slowly grow up and decide that I don't want to drink too enthusiastically and feel like I have swallowed a hand grenade the next morning.

Usually a cider man, but getting a taste for lager more and more. Can't stop drinking San Miguel since having it on tap on an all inclusive holiday last year

One to look out for, Bobby's Beer - it's one of these craft breweries that are springing up. Had a pint in Cheltenham a couple of weeks ago, worth keeping an eye out for, was a lovely pint

I'm a slight hypochondriac on a minute by basis so its rare that I will drink cider over beer. In part because most of it sold across the country is too sugary for my liking. Bristol is obviously good for cider but there in lies the other problem. I'm faced with the dilemma of knowing I will be pissed up if I chose to stay on it for 3-5 pints. Some say its a summer drink but I like drinking too much too buy into drinks being seasonal.

Gin and Rum are my go to drinks. So many variation with both types of drink.

Only downside is I have got my wife into drinking both and keeps drinking the expensive stuff.

Only time I really drink beer/cider is when going to watch football.

I currently have a can of rat piss (Fosters) on the go on the train to Bradford. Was the only thing in the house when I left. Well not counting the spirits cupboard!

Not a beer/lager type of guy, but couldn't get enough of 'Warsteiner' when in Berlin earlier this year!!

When in the Air Force in Germany, 89-92, used to live wobbly, although only in German bars, never the same in the NAAFI.

Haven't found it back in UK. :(

Archived