IGNORED

El Bad...

BA12RED

The only signing Cotts has got wrong?

But it looked "right" at the time. 

I was assured by a Brighton STH what an asset El-Abd would be for us. 

You can run a rule over a player, track their progress, check their fitness, but there's no accounting for the vagaries of the human mind and how off-field issues might affect a new signing.  I think that was the case here.

But it looked "right" at the time. 

I was assured by a Brighton STH what an asset El-Abd would be for us. 

You can run a rule over a player, track their progress, check their fitness, but there's no accounting for the vagaries of the human mind and how off-field issues might affect a new signing.  I think that was the case here.

Absolutely, wasn't suggesting otherwise.

Like you say, everything we knew pointed to him being a good signing. Sometimes it just doesn't work out. Think we'll cut our losses in the summer.

I doubt the guy intentionally came to us and didn't play to the best of his ability. He spent his whole career at Brighton and made a move to a completely new environment - like Louis at Coventry - and it just didn't work out.

Good luck to him and no need to be making pointless digs at him. Tonight of all night's. Good luck to him wherever he ends up.

Feel sorry for him with the treatment he got (still gets) from City fans. Still calling him El-Bad, any need?

Personally I'm happy to see him doing well at Bury and I'm convinced that, had he been given a chance this season we wouldve see a different player, much like the turnaround with Flint. He seems a good bloke so no need to still knock him, as Jordan said especially after gaining promotion.

I don't know who added this tweet. How unnecessary and offensive. Nobody, let alone one of our own players deserves this, especially on a night when we should all be celebrating:

Very true. On a night when we should all be celebrating, you wonder why this thread was ever made, either.

He's a rough and tough player. Brighton always play route one and he suited to it. He's an old fashioned solid rough centre half, it didn't work out here. Least he decided to go and play football and not rot in the reserves picking up his pay check. He's done well for Bury by all accounts and has a chance of playing League One football next year for them. They are very much a long ball football playing side and it suits him. It didn't work out for him here, but he was never unprofessional and don't think he can be accused of not trying. 

Not sure why fans want to say bad things about him. He knows his career is over here, and expect he would happily rip up his contract to be able to sign for someone else in the summer to guarantee football, as he's been happy to drop to the bottom league for football. Doesn't strike me as a waster money grabber and whilst he was ineffective here, he doesn't strike me as a big wage charlie, ala Michael Bridges and co from years back.

I don't know who added this tweet. How unnecessary and offensive. Nobody, let alone one of our own players deserves this, especially on a night when we should all be celebrating:

https://mobile.twitter.com/cidercraig/status/588128046529585152

Very true. On a night when we should all be celebrating, you wonder why this thread was ever made, either.

This and this

Feel sorry for him with the treatment he got (still gets) from City fans. Still calling him El-Bad, any need?

Personally I'm happy to see him doing well at Bury and I'm convinced that, had he been given a chance this season we wouldve see a different player, much like the turnaround with Flint. He seems a good bloke so no need to still knock him, as Jordan said especially after gaining promotion.

From my understanding, El Bad was an affectionate nickname that Brighton fans gave him for being a tough no nonsense defender. We've clearly coined it as something to offend!

Fair play to him for giving it a go at Bury. Whats the guy supposed to do? Clearly it didnt work out here. His original message didnt disrespect City. Cant see anything wrong with it.

That's because there is nothing wrong with it! But why miss an opportunity to stick the knife in, this is City fans after all....

Fair play to him for giving it a go at Bury. Whats the guy supposed to do? Clearly it didnt work out here. His original message didnt disrespect City. Cant see anything wrong with it.

Too right.

Perhaps he should have been like those signings we made a few years ago and sat in the Williams picking up his wages all season rather than going and playing football for a living elsewhere, eh?

Calling him El-Bad is pathetic, too.

Archived