IGNORED

Bradford Fans

NickJ

Remember that Chesterfield game where we hit rock bottom in the early GJ days.. That was about the only time I recall us being anywhere near it

My all time favourite game.  Yes, I realise that sounds a bit odd but, there you go, that's what supporting City is about for me.

As to showing respect to other teams/players, I'd add Evander Sno and Ajax.  To this day, I regret we didn't give Suarez a standing ovation....

They were a class apart (apart from us of course) Their supporters in the Kop were making some noise after 4-0 and were a credit to the club. Couldn't fault Bradford either, very hospitable fans and staff at the club. 

Of course, sticking 6 past them probably swayed my viewpoint somewhat :D

Cotts and SteveL have both mentioned it and they are right - the Bradford fans that stayed from 4-0 down onwards were incredible, don't think we'd witness that at Ashton Gate. Respect to them.

I remember Cardiff at home, 6-0 down and singing let's pretend we scored a goal!

You're right though respect to the ones that stayed, and even those few that stayed well after the final whistle

Wasnt that the same day the sags missed out on the playoffs after being top most of the season . Bit of a party on the pitch after ,dont think a lot of the PNE fans really knew why we were all so happy .

I can't remember to be honest, I was pretty young but they certainly played us off the park. We might even have been undefeated at home until then (despite our mid-table position). I remember clapping Preston off and thinking what a good team they were.

Bradford fans were absolutely class last night. I mentioned in the other thread that after celebrating we left the ground and still bumped into loads of Bradford fans. So many of them came up to us and shook our hands wishing us luck in the championship. I thought that showed real class. Especially as we met so many that were very complimentary about our club. Great stuff and I wish them well.

Bradford fans were class last night and kept going right the way through. Also very helpful, while walking to the ground one guy saw I was on my own asked if I knew where I was going and then showed me exactly where to go.

Exactly how 99% of football fans behave toward those supporting others clubs. In that respect, we aren't any different to the rugby fans, some of whom think that only they have respect for opposing fans.

Football's problem is the 1% who don't know how to behave or respect fans of another club.

So did I, then went to Bradford Away ironically where we got dicked 5-0 :sad26: 11 Goals against in 2 games for Benny L :facepalm:

But does that matter now, hey no :laugh:

Stuck out Sunderland, Ipswich, WHU (Alan Walsh put us one up) all six goal hammerings. Its a City right of passage...Now go get your fore skin removed young man!

Stuck out Sunderland, Ipswich, WHU (Alan Walsh put us one up) all six goal hammerings. Its a City right of passage...Now go get your fore skin removed young man!

I remember seeing City beat Sunderland 1-0 at Roker, then being well on top for first half at AG.

Kind of fell apart in the second half!

Thanks for the comments, the fans have undoubtedly been great this season.

Congratulations on your promotion - you were far too good for us on Tuesday and ultimately too good for this division. I would add that we were terrible (and hopefully Parkinson will have had his mind made up over a few whose contracts are up in the summer), but playing as you did you'd have still comfortably beaten us if we'd have played well I think.

No team should be conceding 6 too regularly but prior to Tuesday we'd only conceded 6 once in well over 20 years - and that was at Old Trafford! Exalted company indeed...

Enjoy the Championship!

Thanks for the comments, the fans have undoubtedly been great this season.

Congratulations on your promotion - you were far too good for us on Tuesday and ultimately too good for this division. I would add that we were terrible (and hopefully Parkinson will have had his mind made up over a few whose contracts are up in the summer), but playing as you did you'd have still comfortably beaten us if we'd have played well I think.

No team should be conceding 6 too regularly but prior to Tuesday we'd only conceded 6 once in well over 20 years - and that was at Old Trafford! Exalted company indeed...

Enjoy the Championship!

Cheers mate. Not quite sure what has happened to your season, Watched you beat MK and thought you would be the team to beat in the playoffs. Down to the cup run?

Archived