IGNORED

Bradford Fans

NickJ

Wasn't at the game but heard from a lot of people that their support was superb throughout. Fair play.

Not sure how the Bradford fans compared tonight but when we got relegated vs Birmingham the atmosphere was very good from us, better than it has been many times this season. Weird how it goes like that, sometimes the football's so shit everyone just has a laugh instead

Cotts and SteveL have both mentioned it and they are right - the Bradford fans that stayed from 4-0 down onwards were incredible, don't think we'd witness that at Ashton Gate. Respect to them.

I dunno about that. Myself and several thousand others stayed to witness Cardiff's sixth goal, back in the far-off bad times.

There were the paper aeroplanes to amuse us, plus we all joined in the "we want seven" chant  :facepalm:

I dunno about that. Myself and several thousand others stayed to witness Cardiff's sixth goal, back in the far-off bad times.

There were the paper aeroplanes to amuse us, plus we all joined in the "we want seven" chant  :facepalm:

Shudder. That night.  :blink:

I remember being asked to stay late at work as well as we were in the middle of year-end audits, and I told my (Welsh) boss there's no way I'm missing us beat Cardiff.

I was still there when the 7th went in against Swansea, and even clapped a somber Tinnion down the duggout, that was a very sad day for this football club. Bradford fans were amazing and those who stayed to applaud after the final whistle, full credit to them. Reminds me of the Rotherham fans who stayed at AG applauding us when we went up beating them.

Shudder. That night. :blink:

I remember being asked to stay late at work as well as we were in the middle of year-end audits, and I told my (Welsh) boss there's no way I'm missing us beat Cardiff.

We had some great chances to go ahead in that game if I remember. A decent start.

Wasn't at the game but heard from a lot of people that their support was superb throughout. Fair play.

Not sure how the Bradford fans compared tonight but when we got relegated vs Birmingham the atmosphere was very good from us, better than it has been many times this season. Weird how it goes like that, sometimes the football's so shit everyone just has a laugh instead

Sat in the Nova Scotia afterwards, Birmingham looked totally puzzled and kept asking "are your fans always like that?" - that was top quality support!

Lots of other teams fans (except Swindle) are very gracious towards us. They obviously admire the football we play and know that City are a very decent side.

I'd lik to think we'd show the same respect to an outstanding team at AG.

We have many times. Doncaster, Reading spring to mind.

I stuck it out until the end the day Wolves scored 6.

So did I, then went to Bradford Away ironically where we got dicked 5-0 :sad26: 11 Goals against in 2 games for Benny L :facepalm:

But does that matter now, hey no :laugh:

So did I, then went to Bradford Away ironically where we got dicked 5-0 :sad26: 11 Goals against in 2 games for Benny L :facepalm:

But does that matter now, hey no :laugh:

Wasn't Bradford away Benny's first match followed by Wolves? Then again if you've seen 11 goals conceded against us in a week it's inevitable that shell shock sets in and chronology goes out the window.

Wasn't Bradford away Benny's first match followed by Wolves? Then again if you've seen 11 goals conceded against us in a week it's inevitable that shell shock sets in and chronology goes out the window.

Quite possible, my memory isn't what it used to be :no:  Not a good time back then but I'm over it now :D

Lots of other teams fans (except Swindle) are very gracious towards us. They obviously admire the football we play and know that City are a very decent side.

I'd lik to think we'd show the same respect to an outstanding team at AG.

We have done many times in the past and will do so again in the future.

True football supporters appreciate good footballing sides whether it's your team or the opponents.

Two good examples are City fans toward Doncaster with JET and the Kop's reaction to City at Anfield.

I vaguely recall the Sunderland striker, Davenport was it, writing a letter thanking City fans for the standing ovation we gave his team after they trounced us 6-1 at the Gate in the league cup. The sportsmanship made a lasting impression on him and his teammates. The letter was published in the next programme. The other letter he sent thanking the City defence for their generosity wasn't.

Cotts and SteveL have both mentioned it and they are right - the Bradford fans that stayed from 4-0 down onwards were incredible, don't think we'd witness that at Ashton Gate. Respect to them.

No chance you will see that at the gate at this point. Bristol City quite rightly had to go up. As some pointed out Bradford have pushed the boat out and will lose 500k this season. Bradford City are in a very different place and cant afford to pay or lose what Bristol City will and are.

The free programs were on the pitch

Last time I was at Bradford I'm sure we got dicked by 5, so I wasn't expecting much, wow was I wrong.

Bradford fans were a credit to their club and I don't think it was an unfair comment when one said that it could so easily have been double figures.

We literally played a very "decent" team off the park and what was best of all about it was seeing what it meant to the players.

I'd take a punt that Tavernier will be here permanently next season as I think he's improved with matches and last night IMHO he looked like the player that was voted in team of the year season before last. He really seemed to be one of the "boys" so to speak, almost every single player came over and took selfies with us, some of us even made it into the papers, it may have just of been a small gesture but for me last night stands out as one of the best nights of my life, the atmosphere was electric and I don't mind saying that I've a tear in my eye looking back at it all.

Those players are here for the long haul, there's a special bond which is obvious to see and long may it continue.

I thought the Bradford fans were first class, even at 6-0 down they were still making some noise for their team and for as many to stay at the end that did to applaud us and the team was admirable.

I thoroughly enjoyed my trip and wish them all the best for the future, it's been said a few times already and we were discussing it last night but it really will be a night that will live long in the memory. This really is a special bunch of players that we have at the club right now and in a way I will be sad to see the season end because some will inevitably move on, but onwards and upwards and I am glad to finally see some glory days for us after far too many years, COYR.

There was also the season that Preston were champions and came to Ashton Gate. I think they beat us 2-0 on the day and were very good.

Wasnt that the same day the sags missed out on the playoffs after being top most of the season . Bit of a party on the pitch after ,dont think a lot of the PNE fans really knew why we were all so happy .

Archived