IGNORED

You Have Been Warned

Esmond Million's Bung

Feminism gone mad.

Mrs Robbo is very gifted with any kind of hobby that involves needles of virtually any size. She knits brilliantly, can sew and do cross stitch all to a high standard. So...when I compliment her talents, I'm being sexist. What bollox.

I love winding up the Feminazi's - I've lost count of the number of times I've been called a fascist misogynist troll.

I once gave up my seat on the London underground for a woman, who gave me an evil glare and said "I don't need no man telling me where to sit" - oh how I giggled.

The problem is shit like this from students who have obviously got far too much time on their hands are removing 'being truthful' from day to day life, if telling a woman her handwriting is nice is sexist, what would telling her that her hand writing is crap be?, face it guys we can't ******* win.

and surely deserving of a reprise of this thread.

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/169009-why-men-die-first/

We live in a society that values the life of women over the lives of men. Two examples prove this

A) If Britain was invaded tomorrow, it would be likely that many young men, like myself would be conscripted to fight without getting a choice to say no. Would women be conscripted? Men are expected to die, women are not.

B) If I was on a sinking ship, where due to the angle of the ship, half the lifeboats cannot be launched. I'm sat in my lifeboat when a woman whose boat cannot be launched pleads to get into our boat but is told she cannot get in unless someone gets out. If I accept and get out I die, or I stay in and will be judged by everyone in that boat. Again, men are expected to die.

Women face many challenges and there is certainly not equality, but men face equality problems too.

We live in a society that values the life of women over the lives of men. Two examples prove this

A) If Britain was invaded tomorrow, it would be likely that many young men, like myself would be conscripted to fight without getting a choice to say no. Would women be conscripted? Men are expected to die, women are not.

B) If I was on a sinking ship, where due to the angle of the ship, half the lifeboats cannot be launched. I'm sat in my lifeboat when a woman whose boat cannot be launched pleads to get into our boat but is told she cannot get in unless someone gets out. If I accept and get out I die, or I stay in and will be judged by everyone in that boat. Again, men are expected to die.

Women face many challenges and there is certainly not equality, but men face equality problems too.

Yeah, but you'll be very unlucky in your lifetime if you're conscripted to go to war or find yourself on a sinking ship with insufficient lifeboats. On a day to day basis, us blokes have it a lot easier in my opinion. It's just that I reckon compliments on handwriting probably rank pretty low on the list of sexist acts

There is actually a wider issue IMO about crap like this actually distracting from genuine examples of sexism and discrimination. You fight the wrong battles, you lose the war. Stuff like this just ends up pissing people off

Yeah, but you'll be very unlucky in your lifetime if you're conscripted to go to war or find yourself on a sinking ship with insufficient lifeboats. On a day to day basis, us blokes have it a lot easier in my opinion. It's just that I reckon compliments on handwriting probably rank pretty low on the list of sexist acts

There is actually a wider issue IMO about crap like this actually distracting from genuine examples of sexism and discrimination. You fight the wrong battles, you lose the war. Stuff like this just ends up pissing people off

Exactly the point, this in no way, shape or form helps a worthy cause, in fact it set's the cause back, I cannot believe what these people are actually hoping to achieve with this utter nonsense.

Sadly some of these people will almost inevitably end up in politics and god help us all when they do.

As long as women don't compliment us on our handwriting, i'm sure we'll survive, imagine how condescending that would be, being complimented?.

Well, that's a relief. No bugger's ever going to compliment, or even complement, me on my handwriting :(

I have to say that was a good spot by you Aiz, I didn't notice until you pointed it out.

OMFG I hope you don't find that compliment in anyway sexist or condescending?, what is the new etiquette?.

No, EMB, I think it's just ignorance. To be fair, I think it's probably the Evil's ignorance, not the Feminists', but it's a close call ;)

Just so that everyone knows the timeline, this article was published in "The Tab" a day before it appeared in The Post. Not saying anything about the quality of journalism in The Post, but The Tab models itself on The Sun, and has the line, "Help us be More Funny" at the top of the page.

The reason why men's handwriting is worse than women's is due to the age in which they are taught handwriting skills. Boy's and girls brains grow at different paces, therefore if you teach certain skills to both genders at the same one is more likely to come out stronger. Essentially, boys are taught to handwrite at the wrong age, meaning they don't develop the skills as much as their female counterparts. Schools have always favoured females in education because it's easier to brush the boys off as misbehaving or 'boys will be boys' while it's much more difficult to say the same about girls.

I ask what's more sexist: Favouring girls (or equally ignoring boys) in education OR boys complimenting girls on the result of their favoured education.

I love winding up the Feminazi's - I've lost count of the number of times I've been called a fascist misogynist troll.

I once gave up my seat on the London underground for a woman, who gave me an evil glare and said "I don't need no man telling me where to sit" - oh how I giggled.

:laugh: I remember one esp student strident feminist type who shall we say was lacking in the humour dept and spent a lot of time i.e. most her time in London...I wonder. Sounds like the kinda thing she would say.

Overall, as EMB says we just can't win.

:laugh: I remember one esp student strident feminist type who shall we say was lacking in the humour dept and spent a lot of time i.e. most her time in London...I wonder. Sounds like the kinda thing she would say.

Overall, as EMB says we just can't win.

Mr Popodopolous' book of top ten chat up lines is available in all good bookshops now

Archived