IGNORED

What Newspaper?

Ashtonboy

I mentioned the Daily Mirror some weeks ago and was roundly blasted for daring to read such a crap paper.

Someone else quoted the Daily Mail the other day and received the same sort of reaction. Well thats both right and left wing rubbished!

What newspaper is it OK to quote on here?

I mentioned the Daily Mirror some weeks ago and was roundly blasted for daring to read such a crap paper.

Someone else quoted the Daily Mail the other day and received the same sort of reaction. Well thats both right and left wing rubbished!

The Independent.

The Mirror is far from the worst newspaper going. The same can't be said for the Express, the Fail and the S*n though.

I like the Guardian and the Independent, the Torygraph is quite fun for the letters to the editor page as well, plenty of people are living in a time warp.

Read whatever you like.

In my experience most people who tell you X newspaper is garbage have not read a newspaper cover to cover in their life but are instead forming an opinion solely based upon some comic's (often on the BBC) assessment of said paper.

Increasingly, and just like those who rely upon a comic to belittle a paper, people seem to rely upon a newspaper for an opinion rather than digesting the news and forming their own opinion on the matter which is quite sad. Some newspapers get a really bad press (pardon the pun) but actually do a great job: I regularly read a particular newspaper not because the twist/slant on reporting is aligned to me, but precisely because it is not. It gets you thinking.

Read what you want, who cares what others say.

People that moan about how shit a newspaper is that they don't read are the same people who complain about TV shows that offended them that they didn't watch.

Quite right. It's your money so buy and read what you want.

Personally, I think it's difficult to beat the Beano

We got a mention today! In amongst the 5 pages of premier league non stories, just above the scores we got a whole paragraph!!!

We were not mentioned on the net either, I thought that there would be something on Eurosport, but no only the usual Prem and Champs League.  After all City are the first Club to get promotion in the FL.

The Mirror is far from the worst newspaper going. The same can't be said for the Express, the Fail and the S*n though.

I like the Guardian and the Independent, the Torygraph is quite fun for the letters to the editor page as well, plenty of people are living in a time warp.

I disagree. The Daily Mirage is a rancid, treacherous rag, that was prepared to put the lives of British Troops in greater danger than they already found themselves in.

Despicable.

Read whatever you like.

In my experience most people who tell you X newspaper is garbage have not read a newspaper cover to cover in their life but are instead forming an opinion solely based upon some comic's (often on the BBC) assessment of said paper.

Increasingly, and just like those who rely upon a comic to belittle a paper, people seem to rely upon a newspaper for an opinion rather than digesting the news and forming their own opinion on the matter which is quite sad. Some newspapers get a really bad press (pardon the pun) but actually do a great job: I regularly read a particular newspaper not because the twist/slant on reporting is aligned to me, but precisely because it is not. It gets you thinking.

I agree, but remember not to believe anything/everything you read in your favoured newspaper. I was a newsagent for 10 years and used to make a point of reading all the papers. You'd be amazed at the difference in the reports of the same incident.

Archived