IGNORED

Who Do We Want To Go Up With Us?

old_eastender

A small part of me wants to say Swindon for the derby aspect and away fixture proximity....but then I just think no ..no....no. Mk dons for proximity and great day out and Preston great day out and good old fashioned traditional club plus they have tried playing football without too much cheating and theatrics

Swindon...I know it's wrong, but games against them are more exciting than the other candidates. Best atmosphere in years in our recent game, difficult to argue otherwise.

I think this year the Swindon rivalry really started to get some bite because we were competing with each other and their antics. Before that it's always felt like it was much more important to them. For me last week was about settling the score. That said I acknowledge perhaps it will develop into a fierce rivalry if we continue playing each other next year.

Re the added bite this year we should remember they were our only local rival played this year, and the Flint factor also. Next year when we have Cardiff I reckon normal service will resume - it'll be a bigger date in their calendar than ours.

Plenty of other spicy games to look forward to next year: Brum, Leeds, Wolves, Forest - with Cardiff that's almost a quarter of our home games.

Call me a martyr, but given the above I'm willing to forgo Swindon and prevent them celebrating.

The Swindon situation is strange, would love to see them beaten on penalties in the play off final but would also love a West Country derby in the Championship.

Would be funny if Preston bottled it now but would like them up, good club.

Not overly fussed now really will enjoy them all sweating over the finish line to be honest.

Preston will finish second and deservedly so. Sheff Utd from the play offs as its cup football.

Meanwhile, a long way down the football pyramid wouldn't it be nice if going into the final match and Barnet are 1:0 down in the FIRST minute and the sags have 89 minutes to get a winner and miss a penalty in the last minute so draw and fail miserably once again.

Now that's magic!

Archived