IGNORED

End Of Season Player Awards - Please Read

Dollymarie

That's me and Mrs BrizzleRed done.  

I get what some posters are saying about players being paid well.  That said, this group of players have restored my pride and enjoyment of this club and for that I'll be eternally grateful.  If that isn't worth a donation then I don't know what is!!!

Thanks lads for a fantastic season, from both of us :clapping:   :clapping:

So let me get this straight. The club will no longer organise an end of season awards do and have left the supporters trust to organise and pay for the evening? Fair enough if it's the arrangement for ST to organise but a little monetary help wouldn't go a miss.

I do think it's nice that the trust is paying for the awards though. it's a nice little thank you (much like baldocks golden boot) from us to them.

• SC&T Board Members

Actually, the Player of the Season and Young Player of the Season have always been Supporters Club awards. Some years ago, the Trust added Champagne Moment and Supporter of the Season. Since the two groups merged, all of these awards come under the Supporters Club & Trust banner.

Many years ago, they used to be awarded in the Supporters Club bar (part of what is now one of the hospitality lounges in the Williams). Later, with Trust involvement and assistance from the football club, there were some larger events in the DEH, although we became increasingly uncomfortable over the years, as the football club wanted to move the event more towards a sit-down dinner and away from a fans' event, affordable for all.

This year is unique in many ways, not least because of the lack of available venue at Ashton Gate due to all the building work. We therefore have several irons in the fire regarding alternatives, but have not been able to finalise anything yet, as SC has - rightly - been unwilling to discuss any post-season celebrations until it was all done and dusted. Now that the title is in the bag, we should hopefully be able to move pretty quickly and be able to announce where and when the awards will be presented, which will hopefully dovetail with any public celebration (open top bus or whatever) that the City of Bristol and BCFC may put on.

In the meantime, please keep the donations coming, as the cost of all the awards this time is not insignificant (and we also have the Atyeo statue to pay for)!

Please click here to donate - you choose the amount

Archived