IGNORED

End Of Season Player Awards - Please Read

Dollymarie

Hmm, whilst I understand the sentiment, donating monies for awards for footballers who are on a handsome wage as it is does not sit right with me. I'd rather the Supporters Trust use any monies raised for something to put back into the club, which benefits us fans. 

Sorry just my 5 pence worth.

Hmm, whilst I understand the sentiment, donating monies for awards for footballers who are on a handsome wage as it is does not sit right with me. I'd rather the Supporters Trust use any monies raised for something to put back into the club, which benefits us fans. 

FFS

I guess I'm feeling controversial this morning, here goes...

I had no idea the supporters trust/club fund these trophies, in my own little world I thought this sort of thing came from the club. I thought the club provided the silverware and then charged people an enerance fee for the evening? I know the fans raised money for the golden boot in previous years but that was more because the league didn't recognise it any more. But I honestly thought our club would recognise rewarding it's own players?

Edit : Daavros you seem to be thinking the same way as I. So Marina's RR I guess I await a FFS too.

I had no idea the supporters trust/club fund these trophies, in my own little world I thought this sort of thing came from the club. I thought the club provided the silverware and then charged people an enerance fee for the evening? I know the fans raised money for the golden boot in previous years but that was more because the league didn't recognise it any more. But I honestly thought our club would recognise rewarding it's own players?

We want it to be a fan led thing.  The trophies that are given to players get reused with that seasons name added, however they both get a memento to keep (for example we took Sammy B's trophy straight back from him, just in case he buggered off!) which as it has been such a special year, we want to get each player something they can have to keep.

They're awards from the fans, voted for by the fans, and so that's the reason for asking for donations, so we can say we did it, rather than someone in a suit forking out for stuff with very little effort.  It has more meaning coming from us.

Hope that makes sense.  I get the argument about them earning lots of money, but we (the SC&T board) felt that as this is likely to not happen any time soon again, we wanted to push the boat out to recognise that.

Edit : Daavros you seem to be thinking the same way as I. So Marina's RR I guess I await a FFS too.

O.k. 

FFS

5p!? You tight bastard!

That's fair enough, for me it's not so much about the money they earn as they would get that anyway no matter what sort of season they have, and we can't do anything about that.

It was more to do with the club charging an entrance fee for something they haven't provided and gaining all the positive publicity, taking the credit for giving out these awards? But of course if they have donated use of the hall, take the bar takings and let everyone in for free it's entirely another matter.

That's fair enough, for me it's not so much about the money they earn as they would get that anyway no matter what sort of season they have, and we can't do anything about that.

It was more to do with the club charging an entrance fee for something they haven't provided and gaining all the positive publicity, taking the credit for giving out these awards? But of course if they have donated use of the hall, take the bar takings and let everyone in for free it's entirely another matter.

The club aren't doing that, again this has been a SC&T thing, which we charged for to cover our costs.  The DEH is out of action this season, and last season there was no big awards ceremony, nor the season before due to relegation.  We have in the past done a "big event" and we are trying to plan something similar (if it wasn't for a superstitious manager we would be further down the line with that) for this season, but again this is likely to incur a cost as we need to have it at a venue away from AG to accomodate as many people as possible.

The awards have always been the Supporters Club awards, since way back when, just when the club realised they could make money out of putting those awards into an event, they did that.  However they are still the SC and now T awards.  The club have been focusing on getting promoted, and so haven't organised anything major themselves this time round, partly down to no DEH.

We have stuff penciled in (it won't be a dinner) and are hoping to have more details very soon, but we wanted to get working on sorting this bit of the situation out, as items need to be ordered and engraved so they are ready in time for said event. 

:)

Ive no problem with the supporters trust/club charging for an event if this were to happen, they would be foolish not too. I accept I had the wrong impression of when, where and how these events were held and funded...but I doubt if I am the only one.

Maybe the club has been allowed to publicise these events and awards as coming from them. I certainly was under the impression it was FROM the club but voted for BY the fans, it turns out it's quite different. Maybe it's just me being ignorant or not taking much notice of what the trust/club supporters group do, or maybe this group needs to be more forceful in their publicity by making it clear the club has no part in the awards?

And for the record, we are currently raising the funds for the Atyeo statue, and so didn't want to take money out of that fund, to pay for this, hence the asking for donations.

:)

Where are funds at for this Dolls? And is there an estimated completion date?

I really want to do it and have my daughters name on a plaque, but with another little Fordy in the planning, I don't want to commit just yet cos no2 would be missing out.

Any ideas?

Archived