IGNORED

Frank Fielding

Hopesy38

Anyone feel that this particular guy has had something to do with this season?

He has been phenomenal, while some have slagged him off, I have always supported him since his first game at Ashton Gate.

His season has been terrific, making around 16-22 clean sheets this season and I certainly will keep him for next season as he is the man in between the posts and the man to guide us next season as our number one goalie.

He is utterly fantastic and I'd be gravely upset if he left in the summer.

Someone else is going to win POTY but I certainly voted for Fielding, best player this season or the whole squad.

Fielding deserves something after all this, he'll get the golden glove but do they give him a trophy for that?

He's had a fantastic season turning adversity into success. Might be a bit dodgy on crosses at times but that's being picky now with the stability which is throughout the whole defence. His kicking and distribution have been excellent and he knows when to hold the game up a bit to our benefit. Top class and he's won me over as I was critical in the early days.

He has grown in time with us. Not everyone does well from the get go. Confidence is a big factor along with the solidarity of the defence and understanding between them all, it makes life easier. Fielding has got much better and could definately hold his own in the championship so long as we stick with the same defence

I can only assume you're on a wind up, because that is utter nonsense.

Perhaps it was an exaggeration but he doesn't come for them anywhere near the amount he should. Three times against Bradford Flint headed out on the six yard line right in front of Fielding. Good shot stopper but not good on crosses.

If he is our number one next season I guarantee most of this forum will want a new keeper by Xmas.

My only real criticism is his kicking...needs work

Much as I would have agreed with you last season, I think his kicking has come on loads in the past year. I used to watch him and expect the ball to end up in the stands when the ball came to him. Now I'm far more confident in him. Having said that, I've only managed to get to a few games this season.

Perhaps it was an exaggeration but he doesn't come for them anywhere near the amount he should. Three times against Bradford Flint headed out on the six yard line right in front of Fielding. Good shot stopper but not good on crosses.

If he is our number one next season I guarantee most of this forum will want a new keeper by Xmas.

Can't believe anyone would want to devalue such a great night but here goes.

Guarantee?

What sort of guarantee would that be?

Money back?

So if most of this forum don't want a new keeper by Xmas I get some sort of financial recompense from you, personally?

Yep will take you up on that, just PM me and I will send you my bank details, thanks.

To make it fair I will offer the opposite in return. Look forward to hearing.

Err, I think you have just answered why he does not come for crosses.

Love the fella , paricularly his personality and attitude

Top agility but

He's def the agile keeper type

Just have a slight worry about his stature

Think RedDave is way too strong but I do think Champ sides will look to pressure him a lot more , especially set pieces, better delivery at that level etc

He does come for crosses and is well protected, particularly by NoNoNo which has been fine

I think it's how they cope as a partnership next year that may have a major bearing

Several opposition fans have commented re his stature and I heard Nigel Pearson talking about keepers the other day - he was a monster of a centre half but always wanted and wants a keeper with stature to dominate the box

With someone like Frankie you balance his agility and the saves he makes thro that (Swindon at AG) against his lack of physical presence - a Dave Beasant type keeper less likely to have made that save against Swindon. He's well in credit but like all the team will find a tougher challenge next season.

At least he's played there before and will know what's ahead.

No doubt his confidence has blossomed this year and I hope that continues as I'd really like him to be a permanent fixture - our start next year will be interesting

More importantly - Thanks for this season Frankie - you've been tremendous this season and undoubtedly important on and off the pitch :clap:

Should be award for most improved player would win by a mile . Sign of a great team when there is about 7 players you have a job to split for player of the season but for pure excitement when on the ball and playing with a smile on his face I would go freeman

Still think Flint would win a most improved award was there one..

He's improved as the season has gone on, his kicking a few months ago was woeful at times but he's really improved on that and looks the real deal now.

We've had some good keepers in the last few years mind!

or bryan

Pack for me....For me Joey Bryan got better and better as last season went on - he just carried on with his natural progression.  Flinty I thought had really started to show what he was about before he got injured...I would say he's picked up where he's left off.  Same with Frankie - he started to show what he could do when he was recalled, and again has carried that on.

That only leaves Pack, JET and Williams as regulars from last year.  JET has done what JET does when given the chance.  No real surprises there.  Williams for me is the only one whose standards have dropped a little this year (in fairness he set the bar high last year) and in my opinion is, whilst still performing well, the least good of an exceptional bunch....  Pack however has really won me over since regaining his place.  Really wasn't convinced by him at all, but these last three months or so his standards have really picked up.  If he continues progressing as he currently is then I think he'll have a big part to play in the Championship.

Having sat front row of Atyeo behind the goal for the Swindon game, I must say he impressed me hugely, he was my MOTM for that game as he kept us in that first half, some unbelievable saves. He was dodgy start of last season but who wasn't! He is small for a keeper but that seems to be the way these days with the likes of De Gea who is hardly imposing, but keeps them out! FairPlay to FF!

Having sat front row of Atyeo behind the goal for the Swindon game, I must say he impressed me hugely, he was my MOTM for that game as he kept us in that first half, some unbelievable saves. He was dodgy start of last season but who wasn't! He is small for a keeper but that seems to be the way these days with the likes of De Gea who is hardly imposing, but keeps them out! FairPlay to FF!

i still have my heart in my mouth from some corners or a back pass with a defender closing in, other than that he's been great,

Best shot stopper we've had thats for sure

Archived