IGNORED

Frank Fielding

Hopesy38

I remember being at a game last season, the half time u10's match having one goal right near our fans. This prompted many city fans shouting "sign that keeper up, he's better than fielding!" Followed by much abuse aimed at frank.

Maybe a shaky start but what a turn around this season, fair play to him. SC must take some credit too, another example of his excellent man management.

Perhaps it was an exaggeration but he doesn't come for them anywhere near the amount he should. Three times against Bradford Flint headed out on the six yard line right in front of Fielding. Good shot stopper but not good on crosses.

If he is our number one next season I guarantee most of this forum will want a new keeper by Xmas.

I think it's clearly been the plan this season to have Flint on the edge of the six yard box dealing with crosses from dead balls, presumably so as not to expose Fielding's (relative) lack of height, you'd have to say that it's worked very well too.

That said, I certainly recall Fielding punching and catching a fair amount of crosses this year. Don't recall him making many errors on that front at all.

I think it's clearly been the plan this season to have Flint on the edge of the six yard box dealing with crosses from dead balls, presumably so as not to expose Fielding's (relative) lack of height, you'd have to say that it's worked very well too.

That said, I certainly recall Fielding punching and catching a fair amount of crosses this year. Don't recall him making many errors on that front at all.

To you and Robin: it's hard work if you aren't going to read what I have written properly. My criticism is that he doesn't come for enough crosses. He can't drop a cross he doesn't come for! Perhaps you haven't noticed it.

Archived