IGNORED

The Oyston's. A Fine Family Who Are Great For Blackpool...

cityexile

I'm sure there are many true supporters of the club with their feet on the ground, but the few I've had the misfortune to meet after we won 1-0 up there a few years ago were confrontational, delusional, and inarticulate with their heads firmly rammed up their own arses. They weren't youngsters either and they were individuals, not in a group - about half a dozen gave me and Mrs. Cynic a gobfull.

Couldn't give a toss about that tin pot outfit in a rapidly deteriorating "stadium" with a sand pit for a pitch.

Back where they belong.

For that little rant Mr C, I'd like twenty grand.

Thanks in advance.

The allegations were not exactly pleasant if they are the ones I remember!

To be honest, I have no clue. I think the wider point is lots of people post on social forums's nowadays as if they were chatting down a pub with a mate, with no real idea of the legal difference. Equally, notice they are suing a forum for some posts that were made on it. Just shows have careful you have to be nowadays.

What did he actually say? Obviously we know the allegations aren't true so presumably it's legit to post what the false allegations were, right?

For an old boy with only 35 online friends (not exactly the wide reaching influence that someone like the exiled Robin might have online) it's pretty harsh to claim 20k damages from him. Surely this apology is enough?! After all, we all know those allegations were actually incorrect now. Names cleared.

What did he actually say? Obviously we know the allegations aren't true so presumably it's legit to post what the false allegations were, right?

For an old boy with only 35 online friends (not exactly the wide reaching influence that someone like the exiled Robin might have online) it's pretty harsh to claim 20k damages from him. Surely this apology is enough?! After all, we all know those allegations were actually incorrect now. Names cleared.

I agree with your overall comments, but whilst not being a lawyer, would suggest it would be nuts to repeat here comments that somebody has just been sued for.

it's pretty harsh to claim 20k damages from him. Surely this apology is enough?! After all, we all know those allegations were actually incorrect now. Names cleared.

Not harsh at all and No - an apology is not enough.

If I was in Oyston's position I would have done the same thing and extracted the maximum possible damages to act as a deterrent.

You can't go round making false allegations and expect to get away with it.

As petty as it is for a millionaire to go claiming thousands from OAP's, people seem to think they can post whatever they want from behind a keyboard.

No idea what was said but was clearly something slanderous and well beyond the acceptable for it to have gotten this far. Regardless of your feelings towards unpleasant people, you can't go making false accusations about people and expect no ramifications.

I'm sure there are many true supporters of the club with their feet on the ground, but the few I've had the misfortune to meet after we won 1-0 up there a few years ago were confrontational, delusional, and inarticulate with their heads firmly rammed up their own arses. They weren't youngsters either and they were individuals, not in a group - about half a dozen gave me and Mrs. Cynic a gobfull.

Couldn't give a toss about that tin pot outfit in a rapidly deteriorating "stadium" with a sand pit for a pitch.

Back where they belong. 

Couldn't agree more, having been exiled there for 12 years. I believe it is Karma to the club as a whole. I hope they will soon be playing the blue few and their colour mix should make a lovely shad of GREY. :P

Guy was guilty of spreading lies about the bloke on the Internet and caused him to get abuse at his home, by these so called lies. It's libel and he only retracted his libelous comments when issued with legal papers, when he knew what he was saying was lies.

No pity for the fan at all. If you want to go about spreading rubbish about people, don't expect them to sit there and say oh it's okay mate.

Fair play Karl Oyston I say.

Well, none of us know what was said but a 20k out of court settlement with an OAP is going too far IMO. Mind you, ironically, he's probably done far more damage to his reputation from doing this than those comments made would likely have done.

^^ Nonsense.....if anything he has totally exonerated himself and sent out a warning message to others about making up false $h1t

By the way, 20k is hardly a fortune these days and whether the guy is an OAP or not is totally irrelevant. :rolleyes:

That's terrible. I'll keep my opinions to myself about the oystons but I feel for Blackpool fans

I don't - they are one of the worst sets of fans you will ever find and they don't have a high opinion of us either!! If I had to pick a club for it to happen to they would be high up the list.

Archived