IGNORED

J E T: 'i'm At Home Here'

REDOXO

I agree. His head was seriously turned by someone. I think he has been out injured for a while, funny how when things are going well for him he doesn't get these injuries.

I was surprised he didn't give us one more year, or at least until January. But anyway, thanks to the money we got some quality, and well the rest is history. Baldock? Who?

When you look at the final two games Brighton have, and the form they are in, then look at Millwall's comparative form and run in, were I a Brighton fan I'd be praying Rotherham get a points deduction, because could very well go to the final day for them.

Wish Baldock no ill will, but for all the pelters Agard gets, he turned down Championship football to come play for us; perhaps speaks to the kind of mentality SC is looking for in the dressing room.

Wasn't talking about next season; was talking about this season - I think he made the wrong choice, if he really had wanted to stay.

Could have got a championship medal and a cup under his belt, instead signed for a manager who ended up sacked at a club who are still not 100% clear of relegation.

Just my opinion like.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. A manager coming from Bayer Leverkusen, a team which reached the play-offs last season and a lucrative deal. Didn't exactly look like a bad move at the time, and could still prove not to be.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. A manager coming from Bayer Leverkusen, a team which reached the play-offs last season and a lucrative deal. Didn't exactly look like a bad move at the time, and could still prove not to be.

Of course; not arguing that perhaps at the time he could have looked at the move and thought it a good one - completely agree.

But the suggestion was that he didn't really want to; it was just the contract was too good to turn down, and I'm saying if money was the main motivator, then (yes; in hindsight, I admit) that it was a bad choice.

Not arguing he should have foreseen the way this season has gone, just that if it was money that turned his head that is unfortunate.

Of course; not arguing that perhaps at the time he could have looked at the move and thought it a good one - completely agree.

But the suggestion was that he didn't really want to; it was just the contract was too good to turn down, and I'm saying if money was the main motivator, then (yes; in hindsight, I admit) that it was a bad choice.

Not arguing he should have foreseen the way this season has gone, just that if it was money that turned his head that is unfortunate.

Depends how you emphasise it. Did he not actively want to leave, or actively didn't want to leave. If that makes sense. I'd be surprised if he desperately wanted to stay when an (on the face of it) ambitious Championship club came calling.

When you look at the final two games Brighton have, and the form they are in, then look at Millwall's comparative form and run in, were I a Brighton fan I'd be praying Rotherham get a points deduction, because could very well go to the final day for them.

Wish Baldock no ill will, but for all the pelters Agard gets, he turned down Championship football to come play for us; perhaps speaks to the kind of mentality SC is looking for in the dressing room.

That's a good point about Agard, I meant to add something along those lines in my post. If Baldock didn't have the vision or the belief in what type of team Cotterill was trying to assemble at the time then it was best he went. I too wish him no ill but I'm not crying for him to return or over the situation he finds himself in now either.

im glad he went simply because of how things panned out afterwards.would we have seen matt smith? maybe,maybe not but it has been a very exciting year thanks to the changes in the team.

i was gutted at the time mind you, just like when albert went and steady for that matter

I am pretty sure he is the "shit music merchant" in the dressing room too !

Shite to us perhaps, but footballers seem to like all that "urban/grime/r'n'b" bollocks, and I think JET has a genuine interest there.

Back in my day, it was all footballers wearing "cosy" golf jumpers around the house and listening to Simply Red and Phil Collins. Which is worse!

Having had the pleasure of watching City in the vast majority of home matches (far less away but still a few every season) over the last 50+ years, I can honestly and unequivocally say that JET is one of the most exciting players that I have ever witnessed wearing our shirt, with quite remarkable and unrivalled ball control. Jackie was great to watch but is, in my view, surpassed by JET who possesses just as much showmanship but adds goals as well.

How anyone would readily show JET the door is beyond me. He has talent which will be discussed on here for years to come. I want him to remain with us for a long time because he has a God-given talent with which few are blessed.

Oh yes, he can drift out of games. You can never be sure which version of JET is going to turn up but when he's on his game he alone is worth the entrance money. The fact that I've had to go back more than 20 years to Dziekanowski to find another with comparative skills proves that these guys aren't ten-a-penny. They're freaks - and I'm glad he's ours. Enjoy every moment of his time with us.

By the way, of the 40 or so games Jackie played, in only a handful did he really turn it on. Like JET, he could be anonymous and truly frustrating yet on other days "like something from a different planet". 

Frankly, I agree; was just trying to look at it from Baldock's perspective.  

But as mentioned; I expect him to look at the season his team have had (manager who signed him not lasting half a season; 10+ hours without a goal recently; relegation battle), and the season we've had (cup and league double; longest unbeaten run in the league this year) and possibly regret not having stuck rather than twisted.

Realise like others have been pointing out that it may work out for him in the long run, but when you look at how poor Brighton have recently (aforementioned lack of goals; one win in nine) they aren't exactly ending the season on a high.

Oh yeah sorry Samo, I wasn't disagreeing you, I was just making a point based on something you mentioned

Archived