IGNORED

Agard

BS3_RED

As many on here know, I am not a great lover of jet but we should all be thankful that he delivered when we needed him to in tandem with smith during the Wilber/agard injuries.

For those that went to Gillingham in the league, there was a clear sense of dismay in the pub when news spread of the starting line up but thankfully they performed admirably as a pairing and for many others games.

It is cotterill's decision who he starts and he definitely took a chance by not recruiting again following smiths return to Fulham, but Colchester apart away, when the first 30 minutes were the worst I and many others have witnessed this season, Jet never really let us down and I feel he has been given a bit of a raw deal with his lack of game time since.

Can't argue with anything other than the highlighted portion, we were promoted with 3 games to go, champions with 2 games to go, unbeaten in our past 14 games and have scored 86 goals so far this season, 5 players scored 10 or more and 2 players have scored 7, where exactly do you believe that could/should have been improved?.

Sometimes the old football cliches are correct and football can be a cruel game, there is only room for SC to select 11 players for each game and his decisions are directly responsible for the above achievements. Unlucky of course, so were Cunningham, Wagstaff and several others that's testament to the strength of our squad, but harsh not for me.

My view is simple to me JET looks/sounds happy/contented with his lot at BCFC and you are correct he appears not to have let us down at all this season and was a very important player indeed and came up with the goods when Wilbraham and Agard were injured, I want him to stay and if I was betting man (which i'm not) I think he wants to stay and I think he will stay.

I suppose the question is thus, given that Freeman is pretty much universally considered the best player in our league and given that he is playing this season in an unfamiliar role, a role that when JET plays they tend to occupy the same space (SC has alluded to this) who is more important? or do we change Freeman back to a wide player probably meaning a whole new system to accommodate JET, losing our wing back capability?.

I'm interested in seeing how Agard does against Championship defences.

Think that his hustle-&-bustle style is one that really contributes to the way this team plays overall, and being that we probably will be looking to replicate that next campaign, imagine he'll be a big part of our plans.

His chasing, pressuring and 90 minute running opens up a tremendous amount of space for the midfield; Freeman has made hay in the areas that he opens up time and time again this year.

Think that his Swindon goal shows he has finishing ability, and though I'd not argue he's been less prolific post Christmas (have posted about his and JET's comparative minutes to goals or assists myself), you only have to look at the performance of the team when he's playing to know that he plays an important role.

I don't actually think that is why we bought him, I might add, but then I don't imagine we signed Wilbraham expecting a 20 season striker; the latter's form has been bonkers. But we've switched to fit how things have panned out, and that's worked - maybe next year things will fall for Agard and less for Wilbramham.

But I do think the way they work there will be chances, regardless who takes them. Like this SC's team selections; if it ain't broke, don't fix it - not like we can't start one way and adapt; after all we began this season with Cunningham on the wing and Baldock upfront.

He really doesn't dun around a lot that much, he just sits deeper giving thst impression.

He NEVER anticipates, or gambles on a Wilbraham knock dowm.

Not a scapegoat just not good enough.

I hope he does well for whoever he plays for next season, he seems like a nice lad, he's stuck out like a a sore thumb though in what has been our best season for 60 years.

Back to the positives please.

He was my man of the match yesterday. Undoubtedly its a postion that will need strengthening but I'm amazed people don't see what an important part of the team he is, or rather refuse to see it.

Thankfully the only person qualified enough and whose opinion I'm interested in thinks he belongs in the team. Which is probably for the best because many forum members would have hung the likes of Fielding, Flint, Wilbraham etc out to dry long ago, not to mention all those who clearly werent good enough but mysteriously playing at a higher level!

Just look at the fifth goal at Bradford. Joe Bryan got round the back, drew the keeper and put it on a plate in front of Agard. All he had to do was roll it into an empty net. Instead, he spooned it up in the air and allowed the defender to get it off the line. It took a full back to show him how to put it in the net.

Just look at the fifth goal at Bradford. Joe Bryan got round the back, drew the keeper and put it on a plate in front of Agard. All he had to do was roll it into an empty net. Instead, he spooned it up in the air and allowed the defender to get it off the line. It took a full back to show him how to put it in the net.

Shhhhhhh, stop talking sense.

His goal against Swindon was magical though, problem is I'm not sure if he was trying to trap it as his first touch is so bad!

In all seriousness, nowts not the time to scrutinise any of the players.

They all deserve to bask in the glory of being champions.

His goal against Swindon was magical though, problem is I'm not sure if he was trying to trap it as his first touch is so bad!

Well I suppose the OP gave Agard 4/5 hours of basking.

As picked up by Gary Johnson, it was plain to see that the ball sat up nicely just as he was about to put his foot through it. 

Without that it would probably have hit the keeper....still looked good though !

Archived