IGNORED

Steve Cotterill: Legend

AshtonGreat

Wouldn't say he is a legend yet. Get us one more promotion and he will be!

Forgot last year's achievements too? But for him we conceivably could be wondering where we would finish in League Two. Instead we achieve something the club has not done in 60 years AND we have a double, we have a team assembled for little cost which has I'm sure most will agree a handful of players worth very close to a million, a few well over a million.

Legendary status achieved.

Can someone clearly define what a legend is before we decide whether he is or isn't. We won't need to argue about it then.

Sure. A legend is Someone you'd push back for

Forgot last year's achievements too? But for him we conceivably could be wondering where we would finish in League Two. Instead we achieve something the club has not done in 60 years AND we have a double, we have a team assembled for little cost which has I'm sure most will agree a handful of players worth very close to a million, a few well over a million.

Legendary status achieved.

Sorry, but I don't agree. I guess legendary status needs to be harder earned in my book.

It's a silly argument really as it depends what the word means to you. Some people think Basso is a legend.

For me, a legend is someone who, through his positive achievements, will be talked about for years, even decades to come. What Steve Coterill has achieved is not only spectacular by this club's standards, it's spectacular by anyone's standards

My feelings also. The job he has done since early December 2013 is nothing short of spectacular.

I'm not sure how much harder you could possibly work?

Red Dave : I find it odd that it's a silly argument as you readily acknowledge there is such a thing as legendary status - you just don't feel that Cotts warrants it yet whereas I and Ashton Great do.

My feelings also. The job he has done since early December 2013 is nothing short of spectacular.

I'm not sure how much harder you could possibly work?

Red Dave : I find it odd that it's a silly argument as you readily acknowledge there is such a thing as legendary status - you just don't feel that Cotts warrants it yet whereas I and Ashton Great do.

It's silly as its so subjective. As i say, some people call Basso a legend. Some call Bradley Orr a legend just because he tried. Is Shaun Taylor a legend? Scott Murray? Are there 10 club legends? Are there 100?

It's silly as its so subjective. As i say, some people call Basso a legend. Some call Bradley Orr a legend just because he tried. Is Shaun Taylor a legend? Scott Murray? Are there 10 club legends? Are there 100?

But it's not a case of being right or wrong so I fail to see what subjectivity has to do with it. Just interesting what someone's expectations are before someone is in their eyes worthy of such status.

The expectations are what is subjective!

I'm well aware of what subjective means thanks. The point I made is that it's interesting to see, subjectively, what would qualify someone for such status.

If subjective debates or discussions aren't worth having or are silly may as well close the forum - there's very little objectivity in football outside the league table!

The double in his first full season after saving us from relegation in his first half season, he literally couldn't have achieved anymore, what ever happens now he will be up there as one of the most successful managers in our entire history, end of

And immediately following (statistically) our worst.

Archived