IGNORED

What Does "success" Mean Next Season?

ChippenhamRed

With the manager and chairman we have, the group of players we have and the momentum, I'd be disappointed with any lower than mid table.

I think the players we have now are 10 times better than the ones we had 8 years ago!

I think we need to be realistic to avoid disappointment.

There are several 'high points' we enjoyed this season that simply just won't be available to us next season.

1. The JPT? No more, I'm afraid. No 'Live on Sky' away to Cheltenham. No 4 goal heroics by the awful Matt Smith. No Wembley final. All over.

2. Thrilling last minute FA Cup winners against Telford? Forget it. Straight in at the 3rd round stage now, early January away game and defeat at giant-killing 3rd division team (Swindon?).

Success? Sorry, tears before bedtime for me.

And have you ever heard SC interviewed when he's lost!?

It's going to be a long season (with numerous SC interviews).

As long as there's no real threat of relegation all season I'll be happy. Whether that means solidifying our position or challenging for the upper reaches, I don't mind. I just don't want all this hard work and momentum to go to waste and see us languishing near the bottom again.

Can't see it though. If we strengthen accordingly, I fully expect us to finish anywhere in the top 10.

With the manager and chairman we have, the group of players we have and the momentum, I'd be disappointed with any lower than mid table.

I think the players we have now are 10 times better than the ones we had 8 years ago!

Yes, but so is the league in my opinion.

For me, success would be a top half finish and still in with a chance of making the play-offs for a large part of the season.

Most of all I'd like the team to look like it should be in the championship, rather than one that's clinging on by its fingernails and being outclassed by almost every team that comes down (no more one striker at home etc.). 

Archived