IGNORED

Scuffle In E Block

CIDER NOT CIDRE

We were all Kids once; I remember an argument at Sheffield united a good 10-11 years ago when it was overcrowded and they seperated me and my old man ... I was only a nipper at the time and I thought i was the big man drinking wkd at port vale .....

How times have changed; I know there's not much of a point but what I'm saying is the kids having his fun and if a steward has done that... It's uncalled for and can lead to unnecessary tension; it's his big day out ... Let him live it up!!!

This situation is leaving me fuming, City have just won the title and everyone is celebrating/making noise and this old witch tells a kid to shut up, hurting the poor fella in the process.

An earlier poster said the same old hag put her hands on his five year old boy, I got 2 young lads and the thought of anyone forcefully grabbing them in front of me, or smashing their own toy in their face, I honestly don't know what my reaction would be but it wouldn't be pretty. Any retaliation of the same merit and the Dad would be removed from the ground and possibly face charges.

What is she doing working as a steward???

I hope she's made to go to the lads house and say sorry to him and his family.

Disgraceful behaviour from the very person who was meant to promote good behaviour.

This situation is leaving me fuming, City have just won the title and everyone is celebrating/making noise and this old witch tells a kid to shut up, hurting the poor fella in the process.

An earlier poster said the same old hag put her hands on his five year old boy, I got 2 young lads and the thought of anyone forcefully grabbing them in front of me, or smashing their own toy in their face, I honestly don't know what my reaction would be but it wouldn't be pretty. Any retaliation of the same merit and the Dad would be removed from the ground and possibly face charges.

What is she doing working as a steward???

I hope she's made to go to the lads house and say sorry to him and his family.

Disgraceful behaviour from the very person who was meant to promote good behaviour.

Let's just let the parent's pass this on to the authorities and let them deal with it. club first, police second (let's hope the club sort it), leave this to be dealt with properly.

I was sat in the thick of all of this, loads of 12-17 year old wanna be hooligans were crammed into 2 rows of seats meaning they were stood on the stairs and behind people on the little ledges in front of the seats. Because they were stood on the ledges the people like myself who were stood on the back row had restricted view of what was going on, after asking politely many times for them to move out of the way they continued to ignore me and obscure my view even more. As the second half began many of the kids who went out at half time had returned to realise they wouldn't fit back in again. Therefore they began standing on the seats where the press are seated. 3 stewards came up to them and asked them if they would move and they continued to shout abuse back at the Stewards. Whilst this was happening many people seen the stewards become annoyed with them so they came running over to stop the kids getting in trouble meaning that the kids saw it as an opportunity to make themselves look tough. After about 5 minutes of them pushing and hitting the stewards one stewards who was clearly being hurt raised a hand to a man who had been encouraging the kids which also lead to people starting on him. The stewards left them alone and went back down the steps and the kids continued standing on seats and Pushing around.

I had an issue with that old bat a couple of years ago. My (then) 10 year old was waiting for Jon Stead to sign her shirt when that witch pushed my daughter shouting 'behind the barrier, behind the barrier' even though there were 1000's of supporters on the pitch at the time. After totally losing the plot with said witch, I was warned as to ' my conduct' after which Steady came over, apologised and signed the back of my little 'uns shirt. No fuss at all.

She's just a friggin' bully and picks on targets she can push around IMO. If she had been a bloke and manhandled my kid I would have put him on his arse!!

Horrible woman.

One stuatd had his hahds around the neck of a 15 year old kid and was repeatedly pushing him! Is that acceptle behaviour by a steward? Idk some members of the otib tight ass club seem to feel that any teenager who is wearing decent clothes is fair game! And let's a long whinge about their clothes! Seriously some people on hear sound like my geandparents! Their kid's who wan to have a good time at football! They should be encouraged, not demonised!

I was sat in the thick of all of this, loads of 12-17 year old wanna be hooligans were crammed into 2 rows of seats meaning they were stood on the stairs and behind people on the little ledges in front of the seats. Because they were stood on the ledges the people like myself who were stood on the back row had restricted view of what was going on, after asking politely many times for them to move out of the way they continued to ignore me and obscure my view even more. As the second half began many of the kids who went out at half time had returned to realise they wouldn't fit back in again. Therefore they began standing on the seats where the press are seated. 3 stewards came up to them and asked them if they would move and they continued to shout abuse back at the Stewards. Whilst this was happening many people seen the stewards become annoyed with them so they came running over to stop the kids getting in trouble meaning that the kids saw it as an opportunity to make themselves look tough. After about 5 minutes of them pushing and hitting the stewards one stewards who was clearly being hurt raised a hand to a man who had been encouraging the kids which also lead to people starting on him. The stewards left them alone and went back down the steps and the kids continued standing on seats and Pushing around.

So there is more than one incident being reported in this thread that needs addressing. The obvious assault by a steward on a young lad and the non-stewarding of an area of the ground causing issues for other fans. I bet this won't be repeated for the Walsaw game!

One stuatd had his hahds around the neck of a 15 year old kid and was repeatedly pushing him! Is that acceptle behaviour by a steward? Idk some members of the otib tight ass club seem to feel that any teenager who is wearing decent clothes is fair game! And let's a long whinge about their clothes! Seriously some people on hear sound like my geandparents! Their kid's who wan to have a good time at football! They should be encouraged, not demonised!

what has "Decent" clothing got to do with anything , if your acting like a dick head which the bell ends at the back of E block were ,than how "Decent" your clothes are really have nothing to do with it...

Roll a turd in goldust it's still a turd....

We were all Kids once; I remember an argument at Sheffield united a good 10-11 years ago when it was overcrowded and they seperated me and my old man ... I was only a nipper at the time and I thought i was the big man drinking wkd at port vale .....

How times have changed; I know there's not much of a point but what I'm saying is the kids having his fun and if a steward has done that... It's uncalled for and can lead to unnecessary tension; it's his big day out ... Let him live it up!!!

The steward was indeed completely out of order, and the anecdotal stories on here make it appear it wasn't a one-off for her either.

All the same, I would have been interested to see what the reaction on here would have been had he been hit in the head by a smoke bomb (a la Dolly) instead. I suspect some posters would have views the polar opposite of what they are posting now.

The problem was caused by the amount of fans herded into the corner in order to clear the pitch. There wasn't enough room for everyone to get off the pitch. As she got near to the young lad blowing the plastic horn, she pushed it into his mouth when trying to stop him from making a noise.

Poor kid was crying his eyes out and obviously in a lot of pain. How the lad's father never ripped her apart, I'll never know. Maybe being an older female got her off the hook.

Making a noise? At a football match? Cheeky little upstart.....

The steward was indeed completely out of order, and the anecdotal stories on here make it appear it wasn't a one-off for her either.

All the same, I would have been interested to see what the reaction on here would have been had he been hit in the head by a smoke bomb (a la Dolly) instead. I suspect some posters would have views the polar opposite of what they are posting now.

That's the one thing that jumps out loudly on this thread, is that this woman's picture is being plastered everywhere and she is being named and shamed (rightly or wrongly), whereas there was a massive blowback on the smoke bomb thread for doing exactly the same thing to the moron that hurled it into a crowd of people.

I've no idea if it's the same people commenting on both threads, but surely what's good for one etc....  There is cctv at the ground, let the police deal with it....isn't that what was said?

I admit, if it was my kid I probably would've taken action into my own hands, but it wasn't and therefore I'm not emotionally invested in it I guess.  Not impressed at all that it happened and she clearly needs to be dealt with, but at the same time, disappointed by the hypocrisy of this site at times.

Dolly was hit by a flare at an event where flares are known to be used (and thrown) whereas this lad was assaulted by the very person trained to look after him.

Big difference.

Dolly was hit by a flare at an event where flares are known to be used (and thrown) whereas this lad was assaulted by the very person trained to look after him.

Big difference.

And I wasn't trying to liken the two, I was just wondering what the response from the 'throwing flares is a laugh' brigade if it had been the child that was hit in the head rather than an adult.

Pictures show he was in the area and the possible consequences could have been far worse than just turning someone's hair red.

The steward in question is being vilified by one and all, and rightly so if the allegations are true, but whoever it is that was throwing flares and smoke bombs around is being defended and the people trying to post pictures and videos are the ones being vilified.

A certain amount of double standards at play here methinks.

I wasn't there and, regrettably, have not attended a match all season!

This season, of all seasons!

I have been watching since the mid-1960's, been absent since the late 1990's, but always used to come across several times a year until this year.

I have witnessed the highs (promotion to Division 1, winning away to Leeds, WBA, drawing away to Coventry etc.) and some lows.

During all this time, I never, not once, had a problem with the stewards (with the Police at Leeds, but that is another matter); but neither did I ever encounter a steward (stewardess?) with such an angry, aggressive face and, for me, such a threatening demeanour as the woman in these photographs is abhorrent.

I have been away for several years now and things may have changed, but my view is that a steward should assist and help you to your seat whilst, if there is a security problem, this should be a matter for 'security' or, if need be, the Police.

I am well aware that my comment is one-sided, i.e. based on only one version of this unfortunate scenario, but I think this 'stewardess' should be interviewed by her employers and, if found 'responsible', relaxed from her position.

There will undoubtedly be some excitable scenes in 10 days, and it would be a shame if these were spoilt by a 'spoilsport'.

My view. I won't be there, but enjoy! 

During all this time, I never, not once, had a problem with the stewards (with the Police at Leeds, but that is another matter); but neither did I ever encounter a steward (stewardess?) with such an angry, aggressive face and, for me, such a threatening demeanour as the woman in these photographs is abhorrent.

That's one heck of a damning statement to make from a single photograph

That's one heck of a damning statement to make from a single photograph

As I said, I wasn't there and you are correct - it is a somewhat damning statement (based on a simple photograph).

Mrs (Miss?) X may be a charming lady, pillar of the community and local Church warden.

Nevertheless, I recognise the person in her photograph as the woman i should really like to punch (if I were that sort of person, and bigger, and not a misogynist).

The thing is that the stewards don't get much training any one can apply to steward at a football ground safe and sound should have training days for stewards this will help with things like this don't get me wrong it's a hard job to do but with training will make it better

:facepalm:

Big difference.

For the record, I'm fine, although my hair is still red :D

So, from what you've said, to me it sounds like a completely reasonable request by the steward?

Sometimes I agree that the stewards are heavy handed and overly 'enthusiastic' in their requests etc, however often I get the feeling fans are the ones making an issue out of what is often a fairly reasonable request. I appreciate people may disagree, but that is just how I see it.

However, I really am shocked by the behaviour of the aforementioned elderly female steward. Not a professional approach, nor is it an acceptable thing to do either to shove a horn down the poor lads throat!

Archived