IGNORED

And Villa Into The Final

Remember when Grealish tore us a new one at the Gate last season for Notts County? Cracking little player. Love the shin pads too!

It's like he borrows them off a 4 year old.

Very casual looking player, but tremendous ability and further potential. With Sherwood, he has the right manager to have his chance.

He's been strongly linked with PSG apparenty.

I'd find that odd as it flies in the face of some of his quotes in the past; he doesn't want a money club (like Chelsea or Man City... PSG) and it's important that he speaks the lingo. Still it wouldn't be a shocking u-turn.

I'd be less surprised to see him rock up at Munich with Guardiola off to Man City than at PSG.

Great news for those of us who are surrounded in work by Liverpool "supporters" with broad West Country accents!

Ah was just about to say this myself mate! Bloody full of them in this City isn't it! And Arsenal aswell for that matter!

Hopd Villa go on to win it now, love an under dog!

As a fan of Liverpool I agree, I can't stand the bloke, he talks utter shit most of the time and truly believes he is some kind of god of football. He's so arrogant that he actually believes the crap he comes out, a man who tries to re-invent the wheel. The sooner he's gone the better.

Spent 117mil on 8 players in the summer and not one of them has played to a consistent level, the signing of Balotelli was a complete and utter act of arrogance by Rogers in a vain attempt to say to Jose 'I tamed Mario, you couldn't', Jesus Christ couldn't change him, although i'm sure some other club will sign him and he will again alienate the manager and the dressing room because it's all about him, to be honest Liverpool/Rogers and Mario deserve each other at this point in time.

I thought he did pretty well at Spurs and certainly has turned Villa around

For me I think he's lucky to have landed two pretty big jobs without any managerial experience. Just because he's been outspoken in the media he seems to have got some positive reactions and opportunities. I've no doubt he has the potential but the jury is still out for me.

For me I think he's lucky to have landed two pretty big jobs without any managerial experience. Just because he's been outspoken in the media he seems to have got some positive reactions and opportunities. I've no doubt he has the potential but the jury is still out for me.

I guess so mate, good that they have taken a chance with a young british manager than going foreign though.

I guess so mate, good that they have taken a chance with a young british manager than going foreign though.

Without a doubt mate. It was a big gamble by Villa really, but then it's refreshing. Sunderland are a prime example. Get rid of Poyet for a journeymen type manager not in touch with the English game in Advocaat. I hope Sherwood does well, definitely has the promise but I just worry he will be a flash in the pan.

His day has been bad enough, I was showing a little compassion.

An interesting point you make, however, relating to 'exactly the same mistake as Spurs did selling Bale - buying too many, overpaying, unsettling the side and not actually replacing what was going'.

It might be argued we made the same mistake circa 2008.

I believe we avoided the same mistake this pre-season and have seen the result.

Archived