IGNORED

Wade Elliott

Port Said Red

So is there a position for Wade Elliott within the club? He will be 37 during this coming season, so you would probably consider him to be too old to hold a regular playing spot and may take up a squad position for someone younger.

However, SC clearly appreciates his influence in and around the squad, so will he try to work him into the staff in some way or will he just try to find someone similar with a few less years on the clock?

I think Elliot will be here as long as Cotts is, in whatever appropriate capacity. He's exactly what DMc thought he was getting in Jody Morris.

Personally, I think one more playing season but I don't expect him to clock up many games.

Elliot might get offered another year contract but will be aware that he won't be starting every game. As others have said he's has a strong personality and is terrific role model to the younger guys. His influence would be sorely missed if he were let go.

I get the feeling this season will prove to be Wade's swan song as a player at BCFC.

He's gradually being phased out as a first choice and we are likely to strengthen further.

I said many months ago that although I'm not generally in favour of jobs for the boys it would be great to find worthwhile positions on the coaching staff for Wade and Wilbs.

They strike me as outstanding professionals who could be real assets to the club going forward, and be tremendous examples and mentors to the younger players.

I get the feeling this season will prove to be Wade's swan song as a player at BCFC.

He's gradually being phased out as a first choice and we are likely to strengthen further.

I said many months ago that although I'm not generally in favour of jobs for the boys it would be great to find worthwhile positions on the coaching staff for Wade and Wilbs.

They strike me as outstanding professionals who could be real assets to the club going forward, and be tremendous examples and mentors to the younger players.

Wade Elliott would do a superb job as captain of the Under 21's, while being available in emergency for the first team.

I know not whether he wants a career in coaching/management but appears to be admirably suited to that.

Wade Elliott would do a superb job as captain of the Under 21's, while being available in emergency for the first team.

I know not whether he wants a career in coaching/management but appears to be admirably suited to that.

That's a really good shout.

The U21 team this season has been largely an U19 one, with first year pros (and younger) making up the side, the addition of an experienced, respected pro could benefit all of them.

Not really 'jobs for the boys' though, they've only been here one year and both are former Premier League players.

Archived