IGNORED

My Thoughts On Todays Game

Dan Of The Dolman

Lee Miller must have been taking lessons from Jonny Wilkinson about leaving it late. My overall thoughts on the match was that it was a game of to halves the first half City had most of the possession and the goal was bound to come it may not have been the most attractive football we can play but I was happy at halftime with the score 1-0. In the first half Barnsley had a couple of early chances but I think the defense had a solid game. The goal when it came was a well worked move with Aaron Brown putting the ball into the near post, Christian Roberts using good pace to get to the ball then a good rising header across goal with Lee Miller putting it in from 3 or 4 yards.

Second half Barnsley came out looking for the early goal and got it. the free kick which was awarded was dubious as both players had their foot up and I felt the foul given against the City player was harsh and it led to the goal, Barnsley passed it around and the final ball to the scorer finished a good passing move but I will give the Barnsley player his due it was a well taken shot from outside the box and Steve Phillips didn't have any more than a spectator's view of it going into the right hand corner of the net. City then upped the tempo and were looking for the goal. Christian Roberts was replaced by Lee Peacock who didn't get into the game as much as I was hoping he would but had a couple of good touches. Leroy Lita replaced Craig Woodman who had been playing well along with the rest of the defence. Leroy didn't really have long to make a difference. The winner was well taken and Tinman should be taking more corners that was a great ball into the box and Lee Miller put it away with a great header overall I am looking forward to the Blackpool game next Saturday and Danny Wilson will have to decide if he will stick with his side or not. I think there may be 1 change but he won't tweak it about to much.

Steve Phillips-7 Didn't have much to do but when he did he comftably dealt with it, the goal wasn't his fault and he couldn't have done much to stop it, called well for balls today as well

Matt Hill-7 Led by example, was good in the air played some ground balls as well as air balls

Craig Woodman-7 Did what he had to and is a fine example of what the Academy is producing

Danny Coles-7 Another good display by Danny who is growing in stature as time goes on and is a great assest to the club

Aaron Brown-8 Played in a good cross for Roberts to head across for Miller's first and played well was a key player today

Kevin Amankwaah-7 Had some good runs today but he needs to be more confident when taking on defenders and was dispossessed a few times put in a couple of satisfactory crosses

Luke Wilkshire-7 Played well in central midfield and created some chances, seems to prefer playing in the centre of midfield with Tinnion and since the Bradford PA match has played well, had 3 or 4 blocked shots looked confident in front of goal.

Brian Tinnion-8 What can I say, a great corner for the winner showed real passion when going up to take the corner and was booked for over celebrating, his passion is really high for City, a couple of passes went astray but the corner for Miller's second was pinpoint

Lee Miller-9 Man Of The Match, reminded me in shades of Mark Robins as he was in the right place at the right time for both goals and his 2nd goal was a powerful header with accuracy, played well with Roberts in the first half but second half they weren't as affective

Christian Roberts-7 First half was a real thorn in barnsley's side causing them problems with his pace and a good header across for Miller's first. Second half wasn't into the game so much and was substituted

As the younger posters are taking a bit of criticism I am a under 18 poster and I have a opinion as well different people will agree or disagree with my opinion but those are my thoughts on todays match. Agree or disagree and we can have another good debate :)

Archived