IGNORED

Saturday's Subs Bench (Merged)

redpole

• Admin

According to Soccerbase it is:

Fielding, Little, Ayling, Flint, Williams, Bryan, K.Smith, Elliott, Freeman, Wilbraham, Agard, Pack, Cunningham, JET, Wagstaff, M.Smith, Tavernier and gulp, Saville!

Personally even though he hasn't got on the pitch at all I feel Dave Richards (a sub on 44 occasions so far) deserves a medal more than Saville does.

When I was writing that question I was just thinking that Trigger has been in every matchday squad so far without making an appearance. I agree with you, I'd rather see him picking up a medal than Saville. 

I'd happily see Matt Smith & Tavernier take home medals though.

Lemmonheigh-Evans, Joe Morrell and Lewis Hall are all within a shot of getting a chance. The under 21's season finished on Monday, so having one on the bench will not affect their season. Lewis Hall and Morrell are both capable of playing in midfield, and Lemmonheign-Evans has scored a large number of goals in what has honestly been quite a poor team this season, however we should not let him take penalties, as shown by his attempt the other day.

On the other hand cotterill may only name 6 subs.

Everything seems to have gone quiet on the Morrell front. Has he not been as promising this season or has there simply been more to talk about with the first team doing so well?

Either way, unless he's injured or on international duty I'd be very surprised if he wasn't on the bench on Saturday. Any absence would suggest to me that maybe he isn't the wonder kid we thought he might be.

Everything seems to have gone quiet on the Morrell front. Has he not been as promising this season or has there simply been more to talk about with the first team doing so well?

Either way, unless he's injured or on international duty I'd be very surprised if he wasn't on the bench on Saturday. Any absence would suggest to me that maybe he isn't the wonder kid we thought he might be.

I think it was Morrell who sustained a rather bad injury earlier in the season, however he is still captain. He has been on international duty lately, so may not be available to play. Still being scouted by many big premier league clubs, but is contracted now, so would take a transfer fee for him to leave us now.

Don't see steve re-calling any of the guys back from their loans or even putting a youngster on the bench, think he will just go with Little even though he is injured. Doesn't look like Cotts rates any of the youngsters that much to put faith in putting one on the bench

Archived