IGNORED

Wilbraham

Slippin cider

What I find interesting from the Post article is SC's comment......."I'm not surprised he has done well as a player, because that was why he was on our list of targets in the first place."

I thought we signed him on the back of a "chance" meeting in Dubai?

What I find interesting from the Post article is SC's comment......."I'm not surprised he has done well as a player, because that was why he was on our list of targets in the first place."

Do people still think this is true??

Might be that is what put him on the list?  May not have been aware he was available at the time.

I've also never got my head around why Cotts lead many to believe it was a chance meeting to start with.

Why not say at the beginning that he was on our list targets and that the chance meeting just confirmed what he was looking for?

What did he have to hide or gain from it?

Quote...

"For someone to get 20 goals in a season for the first time at his age is amazing and we are really pleased for him.

"In that respect, he has done even better than I expected. For me, his record said he didn't score 20 goals a season. His goals this season have been an added bonus.

"I'm not surprised he has done well as a player, because that was why he was on our list of targets in the first place.

"I know everyone thinks I only signed him because of a chance meeting on holiday (in Dubai), but I'd already been monitoring his situation before that. Obviously, meeting him on holiday helped me learn a bit more about him as a character, but Aaron was there or thereabouts and in our minds anyway."

I've always said managers speak a lot of BS to the media, but I've not worked out why this was necessary in the first place...what does he gain from it?

I've also never got my head around why Cotts lead many to believe it was a chance meeting to start with.

Why not say at the beginning that he was on our list targets and that the chance meeting just confirmed what he was looking for?

What did he have to hide or gain from it?

Quote...

"For someone to get 20 goals in a season for the first time at his age is amazing and we are really pleased for him.

"In that respect, he has done even better than I expected. For me, his record said he didn't score 20 goals a season. His goals this season have been an added bonus.

"I'm not surprised he has done well as a player, because that was why he was on our list of targets in the first place.

"I know everyone thinks I only signed him because of a chance meeting on holiday (in Dubai), but I'd already been monitoring his situation before that. Obviously, meeting him on holiday helped me learn a bit more about him as a character, but Aaron was there or thereabouts and in our minds anyway."

I've always said managers speak a lot of BS to the media, but I've not worked out why this was necessary in the first place...what does he gain from it?

maybe to keep fans who might not care about the truth entertain with a silly story during a period in the summer!

Archived