IGNORED

Was 6-0 Bradford The Best Game You've Been To?

The Exiled Robin

Going back a bit... Played a big part in hooking yours truly as a youngster though...

Season 68/69 .... Big win, Bristol City 6 - 0 Fulham (pretty special however old someone is ala Bradford thus year... more to play for this year though.)

1970 ... Bristol City 4 - 3 Sunderland - exciting or what.. and we came out winners.. Great game.

As with a lot of games recently I've missed some good'uns including the Bradford & Swindon games. However a small crumb of comfort is that I was at several of those epic ones mentioned above including Mansfield, Cardiff & Palace (home). I think Palace probably tops it for me..

City 3-0 Swindon

Bloody close and I've been going to the Gate since 1960.

I'd add

Oldham H 2-0 1965

Leeds 1-0 A 1974

Arsenal 1-0 A 1977

Coventry 2-2 A 1978

But in modern times has to be 3-0 against the dirty cheating Swindon scum. The 5-game suspension for the head cheat is merely icing on the cake :)

Surprised Hartlepool game wasn't voted a lot ..best feeling I have ever had at Ashton gate! The relief of scoring, the atmosphere! The Roberts winner! The rocking of the dolmen stand! My glasses falling off from the celebration!

Rotherham at home promotion season was great the game wasnt but the ending and atmosphere of finally getting out of league 1 was special!

I seem to remember a 5-1 vs huddersfield in 88-89 which was pretty good.I think not long after Taylor joined. Memory is a little hazy now.

No - memory is good TRL - Joe Jordan told before game he was out if we didn't win - one of Super Bobs first few games for us and his first hat trick - think it ended 6-1 tho

Was towards end of season and Bob got a few goals before the end of that season, and the following season promotion back to the now championship after an absence of 7 !yrs :D

Revies Leeds Away in the FA Cup was pretty special !!!

Bradford was awesome, and as someone else pointed out the players celebration's were better because there was no pitch invasion.I say that and I am not against pitch invasions but it was great to see the players have the time and space to do "their thing".I think the Swindon game was probably a better atmosphere as for me it seemed edgier, a lot more personal and had a huge element of revenge.Plus by the time we got to Bradford it was pretty much " game over" so not quite as tense as the Swindon game.

It was extraordinary; it might have missed the immediacy of a cup or play-off game, but the manner of the performance really spoke volumes for the way the team has been this season - the BBC report called it "imperious" I believe, and that is really what it was like (and a bloody good time too, naturally).

Looking back, it looks like the natural culmination of the season, but when you consider Preston's current, nail-biting wait for promotion after being several points clear, and how the team went for it on the night, it really was a phenomenal game to have witnessed.

Don't imagine I'll see another game quite like it again soon.

Swansea away 5-0 was nice what with it being Yorath's first game back in charge and they expected great things and to be fair dominated first half only for Bob to strike with an absolute beauty just before the break and then we proceeded to demolished them.....

But for the atmos & performance & party after..... Bradford will take some beating....  and not one supporter "had" to go on the pitch to make it good either....nor any flares or smoke canisters....funny that innit?

What with the Swindon game, followed by Bradford it was one hell of a week or so.

Bradford away

Palace away and home play offs

Southampton away when we ruined their home record

That's probably the best games Iv been to. I didn't make Hartlepool or Mansfield :(

Bloody close and I've been going to the Gate since 1960.

I'd add

Oldham H 2-0 1965

Leeds 1-0 A 1974

Arsenal 1-0 A 1977

Coventry 2-2 A 1978

But in modern times has to be 3-0 against the dirty cheating Swindon scum. The 5-game suspension for the head cheat is merely icing on the cake :)

Arsenal 0 City 1 was in 1976 and the epic 2-2 at Coventry was in 1977 but I agree with you on those two.

I also remember a game at home to Walsall, Keith Curle was unjustly sent off and we were losing and down to 10 men. But the crowd just refused to let the team lose. The noise that came out of the Enclosure, Dolman and East End that day was just awesome as we roared the boys on. And when the East End sucked Paul Fitzpatrick's winner into the net the place just erupted!

That for me was a game where the crowd made a real difference, enraged by the sending off we just believed in the chaps and bellowed them home, and boy did they respond!

No - memory is good TRL - Joe Jordan told before game he was out if we didn't win - one of Super Bobs first few games for us and his first hat trick - think it ended 6-1 tho

Was towards end of season and Bob got a few goals before the end of that season, and the following season promotion back to the now championship after an absence of 7 !yrs :D

Revies Leeds Away in the FA Cup was pretty special !!!

Aye that's the one. I couldn't remember if super Bob got 2 or 3. I am sure Turner also got one that night. First signs of the things to come.

Seemed every time we attacked we scored. Thought it was a cracking game

Archived