IGNORED

Was 6-0 Bradford The Best Game You've Been To?

The Exiled Robin

Seen most of the big ones..Coventry,Arsenal,Leeds,Hartlepool, Bradford etc and have to say that Coventry was probably the best.

Bradford was good but the funny thing was that city won 6-0 without playing anywhere near their best.

The train specials back in the day added to the experience/fun on the day :yes:

I remember a game probably late 50's at the gate, we were winning 6 or was it 7 to nil at half time, then scored nothing second half, anyone remember who it might of been against?

Sarfend early 60's. 6-0 HT, 6-3 FT.

Hat tricks for Shadow Williams and Barrie Meyer (his first in his last ever game) and all nine goals at the far end :(

Only time I've ever seen City booed by our own fans when three goals up :o

Nah, best game was when the three pigs got in a fight with a wolf following a kickabout. Is my memory deceiving me or might that have been 0-6? If so, shame we were at Home.

I'd have to say Mansfield, just behind would be Bradford this year.

The reason for Mansfield is because I was only 7/8 years old and I wasn't into City that much at the time, I still remember asking my dad if we could go home when we were 4-2 down and well... You know the rest!

Hooked from then.

Going back a bit... Played a big part in hooking yours truly as a youngster though...

Season 68/69 .... Big win, Bristol City 6 - 0 Fulham (pretty special however old someone is ala Bradford thus year... more to play for this year though.)

1970 ... Bristol City 4 - 3 Sunderland - exciting or what.. and we came out winners.. Great game.

First game of the season, beautiful sunny afternoon, fantastic atmosphere and Sunderland in that somewhat strange blue/grey strip.

Arsenal 0 City 1 was in 1976 and the epic 2-2 at Coventry was in 1977 but I agree with you on those two.

I also remember a game at home to Walsall, Keith Curle was unjustly sent off and we were losing and down to 10 men. But the crowd just refused to let the team lose. The noise that came out of the Enclosure, Dolman and East End that day was just awesome as we roared the boys on. And when the East End sucked Paul Fitzpatrick's winner into the net the place just erupted!

That for me was a game where the crowd made a real difference, enraged by the sending offs we just believed in the chaps and bellowed them home, and boy did they respond!

A similar game, Tuesday night (Middlesbrough?) and we went down to 9 men - Leroy Rosenior sent off.

Nah, best game was when the three pigs got in a fight with a wolf following a kickabout. Is my memory deceiving me or might that have been 0-6? If so, shame we were at Home.

Wolves, at home in Division 1 in the Benny days. The wolf and the 3 pigs had a penalty shoot out and then started fighting!

And yes,we lost 6-0

Putting aside the obvious ones:

Grimsby away in 03-04.

Last minute winner, top of the league - magic.

That and Doncaster away when McCombe scored in the 88th probably 2 of my favourites, Coventry away first season up is also up there.

But Bradford tops the lot.

Just realised no mention of city's 3-1 victory over Chelsea in the pouring rain.

I loved this game. Chelsea clearly were not as big as they are now. But that game was special.

I put it above the Liverpool game as that was a poor team pulling their weight which they failed to do in the league. The Chelsea game was a team in top form giving a top division team a right seeing to in the manner that they had disposed of teams in their own league.

Bradford was easily the most complete city away performance I've ever seen.

It's funny that we remember the atmosphere rather than the game especially the winning feeling at the full time whistle or the winning goal. Mansfield was a great last 10 minutes but for large chunks of that game we were really poor & conceded some dreadful goals. I remember feeling sick as Watson stepped up to take the pen in the play-off game against palace. I couldn't watch & can still hear in my head the ting as it hit the post before everyone going mental. Watching the Hartlepool game back they were probably the better team on the night, but it'll always be remembered as the 1st night the Dolman physically moved, there's not been too many expirences like that since.

I got to say though the best game, Liverpool away. We stood toe to toe with one of the giants of English & European football & beat them in their own backyard. With 7k plus city fans it felt like a home game. One I will never ever forget.  

cut this nonsense

how many times have you seen city get promotion

how many times has this been away from home

how many times has this been by a 6-chuffing-0 scoreline?

answer just once

the performance and the occasion are the best we have ever performed

Didn't go to Bradford but hard to believe it could rate higher than Cheese at Arsenal or knocking Leeds out of the F.A.Cup

Leeds were one of the best teams in Europe at the time, packed full of household names, top of the league, and unbeaten in 29 games.

Beating them on their own patch stunned the nation and was front page news, even in the Telegraph!

No City fan who was at Sealand Road will ever forget getting promotion from the 4th at Chester either.

Going back a bit... Played a big part in hooking yours truly as a youngster though...

Season 68/69 .... Big win, Bristol City 6 - 0 Fulham (pretty special however old someone is ala Bradford thus year... more to play for this year though.)

1970 ... Bristol City 4 - 3 Sunderland - exciting or what.. and we came out winners.. Great game.

That Fulham game was my first ever visit to Ashton Gate......I was 7 years old.

Archived