IGNORED

Pitch Invasion Watch

Craven arms

Was visiting a friend in Plymouth this weekend and was at Plymouth v Tranmere today. A handful were on the pitch and one mindless moron was running round goading the Tranmere keeper after just 80 minutes with the ball in that half.

Completely pointless, but again, another side.

Strange - have been looking around at a few web sites, no other club seems to be having an investigation . .. . 

I wonder why that could be !!!???

The simple fact is that in the event of a pitch invasion the match referee is obliged to report this in his post match submission to the FA. This then triggers an investigation.

In most cases if there is no violence/bad intent/no injuries, no action will be taken with clubs being reminded of their responsibilities.

In some cases, the club will be liable to be charged with failing to control supporters.

Bloody hell what's all this point deduction malarkey? ... Sounds harsh, even barbaric, this ain't the dark ages ffs... At this rate if these amputations take place half the bleedin Country will be walking around minus index fingers, geez, unbloody believable!

Ohh dear... Sometimes I don't know why I bother. :(

• Admin

The simple fact is that in the event of a pitch invasion the match referee is obliged to report this in his post match submission to the FA. This then triggers an investigation.

In most cases if there is no violence/bad intent/no injuries, no action will be taken with clubs being reminded of their responsibilities.

In some cases, the club will be liable to be charged with failing to control supporters.

'tis true - be careful City may be quoting that on the OS come Monday morning!!

Archived