IGNORED

The Champions Stand

JM91

The Rovers Billboard thread has got me thinking about the name of the "South" stand.  

A few things have been muted about the name of the stand, but as it has been built over the course of our first Championship winning season in 60 years, how about "the Champions Stand".  If the Rugby team manage to get their promotion too it could be a fitting name to include a successful season for both clubs and leave a lasting legacy of what realistically might prove to be one of the most successful seasons we have (based on the fact we've won two trophies in a season for the first time ever).  

Admittedly could be perceived to be tinpot as it's the third tier and the third highest cup in England but anything is better than South Stand.

The league champions are the team that wins the top division in the league - so that would be the winners of the Championship.

We are the winners of a division in the league. So calling it the Champions Stand is in honour of Watford or Bournemouth, or whoever wins the top div.

Anyhow, I think the four stands are aptly named already - Williams, Atyeo, Dolman and Wedlock.

And if it has to be the South Stand, that's ok and relevant in my opinion.

Archived