IGNORED

The Champions Stand

JM91

The Rovers Billboard thread has got me thinking about the name of the "South" stand.  

A few things have been muted about the name of the stand, but as it has been built over the course of our first Championship winning season in 60 years, how about "the Champions Stand".  If the Rugby team manage to get their promotion too it could be a fitting name to include a successful season for both clubs and leave a lasting legacy of what realistically might prove to be one of the most successful seasons we have (based on the fact we've won two trophies in a season for the first time ever).  

Admittedly could be perceived to be tinpot as it's the third tier and the third highest cup in England but anything is better than South Stand. 

Just a thought...but maybe some reference to the eight would be an idea? We all know what COULD have happened to us and that gleaming new stand could be an eternal reminder of what heroes will do when the chips are down!

Nah. I never have and never will believe in this selfless act. If they hadn't gone they still would not have got paid.. But they would have bloodshed from the city supporters if the caused us to fold with their huge contracts.

Sorry they were on massive wages putting in shite performances as we plummeted through the divisions.

I will never remember them like the hero's a lot of people do.

A lot of them have up when the going got tough... They had the talent... Where did the effort go?

I know I will get shot down by many... But I never saw them as heros.

I guess it is inevitable Bristol Rugby will need to be included, as everything is now under the Bristol Sport banner, so how about the "City of Bristol Memorial Stand"?

As a sign of reconciliation, to be opened by ex-Luftwaffe pilot Alec Eisentrager. Now, that WOULD be class.

See what confuses me...is we knocked down the EAST end....and in exactly the same place....built a SOUTH stand?!

Ciderhead our resident history buff has explained this I think. Something like the group known as the "EastEnders" were so called because they met and gathered around the East entrance of the Shed End which has always been in the South of the ground. 

Ciderhead our resident history buff has explained this I think. Something like the group known as the "EastEnders" were so called because they met and gathered around the East entrance of the Shed End which has always been in the South of the ground.

I thought it was because it was east of the grandstand Williams?

Archived