IGNORED

Will Swindon Disrespect Teams Fighting Relegation?

m42

Personally, whether it's Swindon or not, I believe that a manager should be able to pick the team he wants to pick in the best interested of his own club.

If you get relegated it's because you have been poor all season like we were a couple of years ago, not because someone played a weakened team in one game.

Just read the BBC gossip column and it says that Pearson might field a weakened team against Chelsea and save his best for the games against other teams around them.

If it was us in Swindons position with nothing to play for heading into the playoffs and we lost freeman for a few weeks against someone fighting for their lives going over the top in a tackle, I wouldn't be happy!

It appears that the rule you must play your best team only applys when you are the lower team - The top 5 regularly put out weaker teams when playing the lower teams especially if they have a big game the following week but as soon as a lower team tries to do it because they are playing a team near the bottom the following week they get punished.

Another farce of a rule with the best intentions but poorly policed.

Kinda hope Colchester win so they think they are safe when they play PNE.

Anything that stops MK going up is fine by me, especially if it pisses off Karl as well.

Cant see the problem with it....you have a squad you should be able to play who you want

If you had nothing to play for in the last 3 games - had 5 or 6 of your first team playing with niggling injuries it is the obvious thing to do to rest them.......

Apparently even though they lost 3-0 Grayson said they played well .....

• Admin

Am sure other teams have done it running to the end of a season before.

Just as Swindle are resting some players it also gives them the chance to see how fringe players would perform, so giving the Manager a chance to have other options on his matchday squad

At the end of the day, you have a squad of players who are contracted to the club and a manager should be able to play whoever they want.

One player may not play for a few weeks, but he may have a history of scoring against one particular team, so he may get selected instead of someone else.

What I want to know, is who at the FA determines who is a "weakened player" in comparison to their team mate. This time last year, Harry Kane was nothing more than a reserve striker to Adebayor and Soldado. Now he's the second top scorer in the premier league. Do they base it on their salary? their transfer fee? Their number of appearances in previous years?

They're also disrespectable towards Preston and MK Dons after Saturday.

What's funny though is that both team coaches were at the same service station at the same time on Saturday after the game!

Some unhappy MK Dons players gave some Swindon players/staff lip :laughcont:

They're also disrespectable towards Preston and MK Dons after Saturday.

What's funny though is that both team coaches were at the same service station at the same time on Saturday after the game!

Some unhappy MK Dons players gave some Swindon players/staff lip :laughcont:

I really hope this is true.

Kinda hope Colchester win so they think they are safe when they play PNE.

Anything that stops MK going up is fine by me, especially if it pisses off Karl as well.

If ColU win it will give them a fighting chance of staying up, not guarantee it, They need to win both of their games to be sure of staying up.

Apparently, there is something on Twitter from an MK Dons player. Took a picture of the Swindon lot on the bus taking the piss!

Correct - Tom Hitchcock

I diagree with most

Play a weakened team IF it has no bearing on promotion / relegation issues by all means

Totally ruins the integrity of the league for me

When Karl Robinson did it , the game had no bearing on promotion / relegation btw

24 Requirement to Play Full Strength Sides in League Matches

24.1 Each Club shall play its full strength in all Matches played under the auspices of The League unless some satisfactory reason is given. In the event of the explanation not being deemed satisfactory the Board shall refer the matter to the Football Disciplinary Commission which has the power to impose such penalties as it shall think fit.

Correct - Tom Hitchcock

I diagree with most

Play a weakened team IF it has no bearing on promotion / relegation issues by all means

Totally ruins the integrity of the league for me

When Karl Robinson did it , the game had no bearing on promotion / relegation btw

Good find! Couldn't find it, but have now ta.

https://mobile.twitter.com/hitchuuu/status/592028750277115904

24 Requirement to Play Full Strength Sides in League Matches

24.1 Each Club shall play its full strength in all Matches played under the auspices of The League unless some satisfactory reason is given. In the event of the explanation not being deemed satisfactory the Board shall refer the matter to the Football Disciplinary Commission which has the power to impose such penalties as it shall think fit.

Can someone describe "full strength" to me please.

Example - We've been playing Marlon Pack instead of Wade Elliot recently, technically, in my opinion, we're not fielding a "full strength" side, therefore we must be punished - some will say that Pack is better than Elliot, so we are fielding a "full strength" side.... so who's opinion does the FA take??

I would love some wimpy pencil pusher at the FA to go up to a player after a game where they've fielded a "weaken team" and say that they don't deserve to play in the game because they're not as good as someone else.

Can someone describe "full strength" to me please.

Example - We've been playing Marlon Pack instead of Wade Elliot recently, technically, in my opinion, we're not fielding a "full strength" side, therefore we must be punished - some will say that Pack is better than Elliot, so we are fielding a "full strength" side.... so who's opinion does the FA take??

I would love some wimpy pencil pusher at the FA to go up to a player after a game where they've fielded a "weaken team" and say that they don't deserve to play in the game because they're not as good as someone else.

Therein lies the problem - the proof is extremely difficult even if what has happened is obvious

Bearing in mind in this case tho there were seven ? Changes and Cooper stated what he was going to do beforehand

Provides bit more of a case in this instance but nothing will happen

Therein lies the problem - the proof is extremely difficult even if what has happened is obvious

Bearing in mind in this case tho there were seven ? Changes and Cooper stated what he was going to do beforehand

Provides bit more of a case in this instance but nothing will happen

That's the thing. For all we know, those seven players worked immensely hard in training this week whereas the others may have not put in the effort due to complacency or whatever reason, therefore deserved their place in the starting 11 and thus he selected his strongest possible side available to him.

Look when GJ took over and he didn't play Stewart, Bridges etc. They came down from the Prem league and could not get into the team at the bottom of League 1. The FA should have had a field day with us for not selecting the "strongest side". Don't want to start that up again but you see my point.

It's a load of BS and clubs should be able to play whoever they want. How are the 17/18 year old kids going to get games if clubs will be punished for not playing "more established" players? that Reece Burke made is debut for West Ham on the weekend and by all accounts played really well, almost bagged himself a goal too.

How many players would need to be introduced before it classes as a "weakened team". 5? 6? 7?

Archived