IGNORED

Will Swindon Disrespect Teams Fighting Relegation?

m42

So Swindon fielded a weakened team against PNE on Saturday.  Will they do the same at Colchester on Tuesday?  Disrespectful to those clubs in the relegation battle or what?

If City were in a relegation battle I'd be over the moon if the opposition fielded a weakened team

If City were in a relegation battle I'd be over the moon if the opposition fielded a weakened team

You wouldn't if you were a fan of a club also fighting relegation tho !

The way I see it, if we blame another club for fielding a weakened team when we are down the bottom of the league after 40+ games, then we deserve to go down.

I am surprised that the Football League are apparently, not interested in the fact that Swindle deliberately fielded a weakened team.

Swindle do not appear to respect any other club and by doing so are surely bringing the game into disrepute?

I thought they played their 'weakened' team against us. It certainly wasn't their 'weekend' team.

Adrian Durham was just talking about this on Talksport, 7 changes, most of them had never played a game before, if they play same team tonight it affects the relegation battle. Whilst you have a squad which I except, to drop so many players if not injured is not showing respect to the division and the other clubs. There is a difference between a Chelsea or Man City squad in terms of quality than there is at Swindon so can't really be compared, especially when the likes of Chelsea win tropheys

Adrian Durham was just talking about this on Talksport, 7 changes, most of them had never played a game before, if they play same team tonight it affects the relegation battle. Whilst you have a squad which I except, to drop so many players if not injured is not showing respect to the division and the other clubs. There is a difference between a Chelsea or Man City squad in terms of quality than there is at Swindon so can't really be compared, especially when the likes of Chelsea win tropheys

It's supposed to be a 'strong' team tonight, then back to the ressies/kids on their final match on Saturday.

The JPT rule is 5 changes max, since the previous league game. I know one win is one step closer to the final but, if a club have squad rotation that high on their agenda, why haven't they been rotating all season in the league?

They've bottled promotion, their first team wasn't good enough and Cooper's worried they won't last the play-offs playing their 'best football'. More likely trying to avoid being crippled by suspensions than injuries.

If it was in the premier league, there would be a much bigger fuss made of it, Mick McCarthy got the club a fine and was warned over his future conduct when he was at Wolves and they did it in November - (can't remember whether it worked or not)

It would annoy me if City had done it to that extent, let alone a team that could affect our season. A couple of changes aren't too bad, after all Bobby Reid made his debut in the last game of the season a couple of years ago... But 7?

Ironically when Swindon had a few weeks off not playing (17th April to 4th April) they came back 'rested' and got smashed 3-0 by MK and us, so seems a strange strategy when going into the playoffs where confidence and momentum is everything

They had  50 weeks off ?

No wonder they'd forgotten how to play football.

The JPT rule is 5 changes max, since the previous league game. I know one win is one step closer to the final but, if a club have squad rotation that high on their agenda, why haven't they been rotating all season in the league?

They've bottled promotion, their first team wasn't good enough and Cooper's worried they won't last the play-offs playing their 'best football'. More likely trying to avoid being crippled by suspensions than injuries.

If it was in the premier league, there would be a much bigger fuss made of it, Mick McCarthy got the club a fine and was warned over his future conduct when he was at Wolves and they did it in November - (can't remember whether it worked or not)

It would annoy me if City had done it to that extent, let alone a team that could affect our season. A couple of changes aren't too bad, after all Bobby Reid made his debut in the last game of the season a couple of years ago... But 7?

It pains me to say but...

Swindon like us have a small squad....

Several were playing through injuries........therefore resting them to get them ready for the play offs seems the logical thing to to....

if we were in that position and Freeman was playing through an injury but played in a nothing game for the team and got injured for the play off we would not be happy....

Its a squad game......Swindon have used that squad!

But not if they fielded one against our rivals. Geddit? :facepalm:

Yes, I get it, I just don't think it's an issue. Why shouldn't a manager be able to utilise his squad and rest players before the play offs? I also happen to think Cooper is making a mistake as momentum can be vital. Not that I'm going to lose any sleep over it.

Yes, I get it, I just don't think it's an issue. Why shouldn't a manager be able to utilise his squad and rest players before the play offs? I also happen to think Cooper is making a mistake as momentum can be vital. Not that I'm going to lose any sleep over it.

Yep. Momentum is massive. I think he has got it massively wrong. The dongs are right back in it. If the don't overhaul pne I expect them to go up. Which will be a shame.

Swindon suppoting colleagues have said defence and attack have stopped functioning and they think the season is over.

Archived