IGNORED

Do Not Buy Bush T V's - They Are Total And Utter Crap

Aizoon

DO NOT BUY BUSH T V'S - THEY ARE TOTAL AND UTTER CRAP  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Our SECOND bloody Bush TV has failed AGAIN. It's gone into standby mode and won't respond to the on/off button either on the remote or the body. Phoned Bush and they said that if you repeatedly power it off and on with the button held down it SOMETIMES comes back on. I managed to do that after hours of trying, disabled the power button on the remote and all was well.

Then the cleaner switched it off by the button on the body :(

I repeat:

DO NOT BUY BUSH TV'S - THEY ARE TOTAL AND UTTER CRAP

:grr:

Our SECOND bloody Bush TV has failed AGAIN. It's gone into standby mode and won't respond to the on/off button either on the remote or the body. Phoned Bush and they said that if you repeatedly power it off and on with the button held down it SOMETIMES comes back on. I managed to do that after hours of trying, disabled the power button on the remote and all was well.

I repeat:

With all due respect Aiz, we are the same age group and I wouldn't by Bush even before the Japanese invasion, when choices were far more limited, in fact there are only two types of Bush I like and one of them you smoke.

Can't go wrong with Samsung IMO.

With all due respect Aiz, we are the same age group and I wouldn't by Bush even before the Japanese invasion, when choices were far more limited, in fact there are only two types of Bush I like and one of them you smoke.

Can't go wrong with Samsung IMO.

I have two second hand LG's neither of which has given me a moment's trouble. Which, after all, is what one should expect :grr:

I have had problems with every Sony TV I have ever owned and wouldn't touch one again with a barge eastern european.

Never had a Sony TV so can't comment..

Like Samsung, LG is Korean, and I've never had a problem with their products.

treat yourself to a philips ambilight there proper decent

I may be inviting a problem, but we have had one of these for some years now and, apart from the on/off switch going (which, of course, was Aizoon's problem!), we are very pleased - we just need to turn it on and off at the main socket. 

Aizoon, my Sony Bravia has recently been doing this too, so it happens to all makes. I only use ths tv in the bedroom so isn't too much of a problem, I just unplug it from the mains for a couple of minutes and so far it has behaved when plugged back in. I suppose it's about 6 years old now. I do tend to switch it off by the button on the tv from habit, maybe I should just leave it in standby to see if this helps.

It was replaced by an LG in the livingoom, this hasn't got a physical button on the tv so it stays in standby all the time.

I'm just about to 'invest' in s new TV for our extension.

Budget is 1k. Torn between Samsung & Panny, maybe Sony.

It's such a saturated market!

Ive got two Panasonic TV's and neither have had any issues whatsoever. They're both about 8 or 9 years old and still working fine.

I've considered upgrading but Mrs Robbo won't have it.

1k on a TV?! Someone is doing very well for themselves aren't they.

It's amazing how much spare cash these dealers have on them when you stop and search them. They're always willing to part with a bit*...

*NB this is a joke.

I liken the amount to spend on TV debate to that of spending a lot on a mattress. You spend hours using the thing, so you may as well get a decent one.

Aizoon, my Sony Bravia has recently been doing this too, so it happens to all makes. I only use ths tv in the bedroom so isn't too much of a problem, I just unplug it from the mains for a couple of minutes and so far it has behaved when plugged back in. I suppose it's about 6 years old now. I do tend to switch it off by the button on the tv from habit, maybe I should just leave it in standby to see if this helps.

It was replaced by an LG in the livingoom, this hasn't got a physical button on the tv so it stays in standby all the time.

That's the problem with mine. It won't come out of standby. The Greens would doubtless approve :noexp:

Ive got two Panasonic TV's and neither have had any issues whatsoever. They're both about 8 or 9 years old and still working fine.

I've considered upgrading but Mrs Robbo won't have it.

9 years old? Damn that's somw seriously outdatted technology. You need to put your foot down. Your seriously missing out on some stunning features.

Just one day go out and buy one or two and lose the reciept. What's the worse that can happen?

9 years old? Damn that's somw seriously outdatted technology. You need to put your foot down. Your seriously missing out on some stunning features.

Just one day go out and buy one or two and lose the reciept. What's the worse that can happen?

The wore that can happen?

You obviously don't know Mrs Robbo.....

I repeat:

Have you checked the batteries on your remote? ;)

I'll give you another 'rave from the grave' ...... Binnatone.

Had a look through the Argos catalogue for new phones. Half price (but still at the luxury price end), very good reviews and no mention of that horrendous brand name in the sales blurb. Imagine my horror when I opened the box, found the instructions and the word 'Binnatone' screamed at me from the top of the page. Oh shit.

Anyhow, not changed. Product is cheap plastic carp.. despite what the picture in the catalogue shows. Couldn't be arsed to return them.

Had a look through the Argos catalogue for new phones. Half price (but still at the luxury price end), very good reviews and no mention of that horrendous brand name in the sales blurb. Imagine my horror when I opened the box, found the instructions and the word 'Binnatone' screamed at me from the top of the page. Oh shit.

Anyhow, not changed. Product is cheap plastic carp.. despite what the picture in the catalogue shows. Couldn't be arsed to return them.

Better than that I give you Dansette, my first ever record player was a beautiful red & white Dansette a crimbo pressy along with the first 4 Beatles albums circa 1964, one of the best crimbo's ever.

:facepalm:

Can anyone enlighten me to the point of buying a 4k tv yet?

Utterly pointless waste of money I reckon. May as wait 4 or 5 years or longer (probably longer) before broadcast quality catches up and buy it dirt cheap.

Archived